Postgraduate Society (access via student portal)
Student regulations, policies and procedures
Want to find out more about the rules and regulations that relate to your studies? Then take a look at our student regulations, policies and procedures.Read our student regulations, policies and procedures
If you’re involved in an accident on campus, you’ll need to complete a University Accident Report Form from your faculty/school office or the Students’ Union. If you’re on placement working within NHS Trusts, follow the advice of that particular organisation and send a copy of any paperwork to the University safety officer.
Contacts for immediate help:
- Plymouth campus +44 1752 233210 (24 hours)
- Health – Knowledge Spa, Truro +44 1872 256450
- Health – Taunton campus, contact programme administration + 44 1823 366900
- PAHC – contact Julie Soane in GF17 or phone +44 1752 238812 (after 5pm phone +44 1752 636700 ext 2222 and follow pager instructions (pager number 2222#)
Please ensure that you switch off your mobile phone during any lecture, seminar, tutorial, practical session or assessment session. Mobile phones are not allowed in the Library, except in specifically designated areas
Mobile phones or pagers are not permitted in an examination room and you’ll be asked to leave them with the invigilators – the University cannot be held responsible for loss or damage. If you’re found to have a mobile phone or pager during an exam the University regulations on examination and assessment offences will be applied.
On the University campus you’re not permitted to skate, slide or ride on rollers, skateboards, wheels or other equipment in such a manner as to cause danger or nuisance or give unreasonable grounds for annoyance to other persons.
You're expected to take full responsibility for all personal possessions while on University premises, and insurance cover may be advisable. The University provides personal accident cover for field trips and travel outside the UK where these are integral to your programme of study, however you may want to make additional arrangements. If you’re going on a placement, you should:
- Check the liability insurance cover carried by your employer,
- Consider personal accident cover and cover for your personal possessions,
- Consider medical insurance cover, particularly if you are going outside the UK.
Lost property is normally kept for one month; after that it is disposed of to local charities. If you lose property on a University campus, please contact the number for your campus:
- Plymouth campus: +44 1752 588400 (24 hours)
- Health – The Knowledge Spa: +44 1872 256400
- Health – Taunton: Contact Programme Administration on +44 1823 366900
- PAHC – Contact Reception on +44 1752 238800
If you have lost anything during an exam, contact the Examinations Office on +44 1752 586399.
In line with legislation, smoking is prohibited in all enclosed public spaces and enclosed work places within the University. You can get help to give up smoking from: http://smokefree.nhs.uk/