Mandatory documents to upload when you apply
- A research proposal (note that for some project-based studentship applications, the studentship reference may be submitted in lieu of this).
- Evidence of qualifications (certificates and transcripts for masters or bachelor degrees, plus any relevant professional qualifications).
- Evidence of English language ability for non-UK nationals.
- CV or résumé.
- Proof of financial sponsorship, if applicable.
- A copy of the information page of your passport (and any UK visa previously held) for international candidates.
- A personal statement.
- The names of two academic referees.
- (For all candidates) two verifiable academic references are required. References should be submitted, independently from the applicant, directly from the referee to the Doctoral College Admissions Team. Only references from professional/academic email accounts can be accepted by email.
- (For studentship candidates) Please note, some University Research Studentships may have specific entry requirements, such as a cover letter, in addition to the standard requirements listed above; please read the information carefully for your chosen project to ensure you submit the correct supporting documents.