- Toilets on all floors
- PCs on all floors
- Printers on floors 0 to 2
- Bookable study rooms
- Group and quiet study areas
- Writing Café on Level 1
How do I search for books and articles?
- How to search for articles (00:38)
- How to search for a book or eBook (01:30)
- How to find a book on the shelves in the Charles Seale-Hayne Library (02:26)
How do I take a book out?
- You will need to use your University ID card to take books out.
- The self-issue machines will display the titles and due dates of the books you issue.
- A book will be loaned to you for 6 weeks unless there is a queue of users who have requested the item. In this case it will be loaned for 7 days.
How do I return books?
- You do not need your University ID card to return books.
- Instructions are displayed above the machines.
- Inter Library Loans should be returned to the Information desk.
How do I collect a book I've requested?
- You will receive an email when your book is ready to collect.
- Your book will be held until the expiry date stated on the email.
- Collect your book from the reservation shelving.
- Books on the reservation shelving are filed under last initials in alphabetical order.
- A printed slip with your initials will be wrapped around the book to help you find it.
- Issue your book as usual before leaving the library.
- The book will be loaned to you for 6 weeks unless there is a queue of users who have requested the item. In this case it will be loaned for 7 days.
How do I check my Library account and renew books?
- How many items you can take out
- Taking out and returning items
- Overdue charges
- How to request a book
- What happens if someone requests your book
How do I change my password?
You can change your password online by doing the following:
- Log in to the University Portal
- Click on the cog icon at the top right of the page, then select Change your password from the drop down menu.
If you have forgotten your current password and need to change it, please contact us in person or call 01752 588588.
How do I get IT help?
If you have a general IT query or need help accessing electronic and digital resources we can help. You can contact us
- In person. Our core opening hours are Monday to Friday 09:00 – 18:00 with a reduced service outside of these times.
- By phone (01752) 588588
- Or via email LibraryandITenquiries@plymouth.ac.uk
How do I book a study room?
We have a number of bookable study rooms on all floors of the library.
- You will need to book online.
- Enter your University email and password to log in.
- Select the tile Student Study Rooms (Charles Seale Hayne Library)
- In the Refine Search section, to the right, you can select a date and time. This will display the rooms on the floor levels that are available.
- Select the study room that you wish to book.
- In the form, add your name in the Booking title field, check the details and click on Book.
- You will see your booking on a calendar and confirmation will be sent to your University email address.
The Charles Seale-Hayne Library: contact us
The Charles Seale-Hayne Library, University of Plymouth, Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA
Main Library 08:00 - 20:00. Level 0 Learning Space: 24/7