Ask us – help in the library
We have a wide range of online resources to help our students and staff but there may be times when you need individual assistance.
You can find our Library and Digital Support team at the Information desk on Level 1 as you enter the library. Our core hours are Monday to Friday 09:00-18:00 with a reduced service outside of these times.
We provide support for general library and IT enquiries, including help with:
- accessing electronic and digital resources
- locating books on the shelves
- printing, copying and scanning
- connecting to the Wi-Fi (Eduroam)
- your Library and print account
- password changes
Please see our Student IT Support Policy for full details of the service we provide.
Finding books and articles
To find books, articles and gain access to databases you will need to use our Library Catalogue search tool called Primo. Our Library Guide provides more information and training on using Primo.
You can access Primo on any device by going to Primo.plymouth.ac.uk.
Find out how many books you can borrow, how to find them on the shelves and how to take them out on our
Find relevant resources plus help and support for your subject in the Library’s Subject Guides.
Each guide includes:
- Specific resources such as online journals or databases for your subject.
- How to get the full text off-campus.
- Contact details for your Information Specialist (Librarian).
- Help with referencing and avoiding plagiarism.
If you are struggling to find resources or need additional help please contact your Information Specialist (Librarian) who will be happy to help.
Study support and additional services
The Charles Seale-Hayne Library: contact us
The Charles Seale-Hayne Library, University of Plymouth, Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA
24/7 term time, 08:00 – 20:00 vacation