Current opening times
- The Charles Seale-Hayne Library is open 08:00–20:00 every day. The main library will not be open overnight until further notice.
- The Level 0 Learning Space is available 24/7 all year round.
- The Plymouth Allied Health Centre (PAHC) Library is open 10:00–14:00, Monday to Friday.
How to access the library
You do not need to book to use the library. You must bring your University card to access the building. Please note: the temporary pass kiosk is currently unavailable.
To keep yourself and others safe:
- You must wear a face covering at all times.
- You are expected to follow the guidelines for our COVID control measures.
Book loans and returns
- All books on loan will now be due on the 15 February 2021. This is to account for the National Lockdown. Please check your library account and contact us if your books have not renewed. You will be unable to recall a book during this time.
- The Reserve and Collect service has been suspended as you can now access the library at any time to loan books.
- You can return your books, including Inter Library Loans, in the red returns bin located in the Level 1 Foyer. Please note: your returned books will be placed in quarantine for 72 hours in line with current guidance.
Inter Library Loans
We are currently unable to supply Inter Library Loan book requests due to the national lockdown. You can still make article and chapter requests. If you need help accessing alternative resources, please speak to your Information Specialist.
New to the University?
Visit the Induction page to learn more about your library's services and resources.
The Charles Seale-Hayne Library: contact us
The Charles Seale-Hayne Library, University of Plymouth, Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA
24/7 term time. Phone / Live Chat / Email: Mon–Fri 09:00–18:00