The Charles Seale-Hayne Library is open 24/7 and provides access to approximately 350,000 books and multimedia items, 14,000 current journal subscriptions, and a variety of different study environments. In one central location there are the resources you need to carry out research (books, journals, electronic resources), to present your work (computers, printers, photocopiers, loan equipment, shop) and experienced, friendly staff to help you.
Primo library search
Use Primo to search our collections
Primo is our search tool to find the best quality resources to support your learning, teaching and research. Discover specialist databases, theses, books, journal articles and more - both print and digital - with a single search.
Staff and students now have access to Scopus Elsevier's abstracting and indexing database for discovering high quality international research.
- Scopus indexes c.20,000 high quality journals and conference proceedings dating back to around 1996 across all disciplines.
- There is increasing coverage of book chapters useful for humanities, arts, social sciences. There is a strong biomedical and engineering subject coverage.
- View your Scopus Author Profile which highlights your ORCiD ID, cited works and H-index
- Metrics show the number of citations and social media attention for each article
- Set up an alert to be notified when other authors cite your work
SciVal is a tool for research leads to analyse and evaluate the impact of research in their field. SciVal uses Scopus data to track and benchmark citations from research outputs of individual researchers, research groups, institutions and countries.
- A launch, overview and training event is taking place on 2 March. To register for the event, contact email@example.com.
Information Specialists and Library Guides
Your Information Specialist can show you how to use information resources effectively -
- and your Library Subject Guide is a collection of relevant resources plus help and support.Your Information Specialist
Charles Seale-Hayne Library virtual tour
Take a tour of the Library without getting up.
All about library and digital services
Our focus is on enabling the transformation of information into knowledge.
Find out more about library and digital support - including our policies and strategies, our business plan and our organisation structure.About library and digital services