Devon Partnership NHS Trust was established in 2001. We have an annual budget of £158 million and, at any one time, we support over 20,000 people every month. We are an NHS organisation that works closely with other health and social care providers across Devon to support the recovery of people with mental health needs.
We employ over 2,700 staff and also have around 100 staff assigned from Devon County Council and Torbay, including social workers and support workers. We serve a large geographical area with a population of more than 850,000 people.
Student opportunities and support
We provide practice placements for a wide variety of students as part of their training to become the healthcare professionals of the future. We provide placements for both Mental Health and Learning Disability Nursing students from Plymouth University, the University of the West of England (UWE) and from September 2019, the University of Exeter.
We are able to offer a variety of student learning placements and experiences to include:
- Inpatient adult acute services
- Forensic inpatient services
- Community based adult services
- Specialist Mental Health services
- Older adults inpatient services
- Older adults community services
- Learning disability services
- Psychiatric liaison services
- Crisis resolution and home treatment
- Perinatal service
Once you are a registered nurse, you will want to continue your professional development. Within DPT we have an established and formalised preceptorship programme which includes three main components:
1. In the Workplace each manager is responsible for: local induction and ongoing support, supervision and assessment via the allocation of a designated Preceptor. This process starts as soon as the Preceptee starts within the Trust and should continue for approximately one year from their starting date.
2. Mandatory Trust study days and facilitated group supervision sessions. These are coordinated by the Preceptorship Lead within Practice Development, Workforce.
3. Completion of a professional portfolio by the Preceptee, to demonstrate competence and continuing professional development during the first year this needs to be ‘signed off’ by the Manager, Preceptor and Preceptorship Lead.
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org