Mr David Ager
School of Art, Design and Architecture (Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Business)
- Senior Technical Officer, British Rail Civil Engineers Office, Euston 1965-77
- Part time lecturer; Bournville College, Birmingham and Henley College, Coventry1981-2
- Lecturer and Curriculum Area Manager; Cornwall College, 1982-2009
- Part time lecturer, Cornwall College, 2009-16
- Associate lecturer, Plymouth University, Jan 2013-
- Headed up a successful validation application to CIPD for accreditation of a level 5 programme for Cornwall College.
- Chief examiner for A level Industrial and Business Studies with Oxford University Local Examinations Delegacy 1986-1999
- Undertook a study into migrant workers and the contract of employment in Cornwall for my Masters in Law dissertation.
- Completed a thesis on the Easter Counties Labour Federation (a Victorian agricultural trade union in Suffolk) for the Ruskin College Diploma.
- Acted as HE Rep for the UCU trade union in Cornwall College.
- General interest in trade union affairs.
- Qualified railway signalman, formerly working in a voluntary capacity for the West Somerset Railway and involvement in delivering staff training.
- Baritone singer with a local choir.
- Interest in industrial history, current affairs, transport policy and history, social history,
- Trustee and Chairman of the Board, King Edward Mine Museum, Troon, Camborne.
- Chairman; Redruth Learning Group Trust
- Ruskin College Diploma in Labour Studies, Ruskin College Oxford, 1975
- BA (Hons) Economics and Politics I1i Warwick University, 1980
- MA Transport Economics, Leeds University, 1981
- PGC Education Plymouth University, 1986
- MA Management, Coventry University, 2005
Teaching experience (in the past five years)
- Employment Law. On degree courses and short degree level courses for business.
- Economic principles. On various courses.
- Environmental economics. On third year degree in Environmental Science.
- Principles of Economics and Management, Plymouth University degree in construction
- Human Resources Management and Employment Law (Level 5) for BA Business Enterprise
- Strategic Human Resource Management (Level 6) for BA Business Enterprise
- Change management for BSc Carbon Management.
- Sustainable Transport Policy on BSc Carbon Management
Teaching experience (more than five years ago)
- Business Economics on Business degree.
- People Development and Leadership on Business degree
- Passenger Transport systems. On tourism degree.
- Writing business plans and business start-up on various courses.
- Operations management. On CMI courses.
- Performance management. On CMI and ACCA courses
- Human Resource Development. On CMI courses.
- A level Business Studies and Economics.
- A level Sports Studies (Sport History)
- Corporate Social Responsibility for BA Business Enterprise.
· ‘The Soccer Referees Manual’; published by A & C Black (6th edition issued October 2015)
· ‘Handbook of Football Club Management’; Crowood Press, 2003 (joint author)
Other experience and interests: Football
- FA Level 1 Tutor.
- Former Qualified Child Safeguarding Workshop tutor for the Football Association.
- Former Referee and Referee Instructor and Assessor with the FA
- Past involvement with local club management in Luton and Coventry
- Chairman of King Edward Mine Museum, Troon Cornwall