- Room 101/102, Hepworth House, Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA
Miss Alice Li
Publishing Quality Control Officer
Marketing Services (Design) - Marketing Services (External Relations)
My role includes the responsibilities of Events Calendar Editor for the University website.
Events calendar responsibilities
- Maintaining the events calendar (creating and publishing new pages, updating and editing existing pages, reviewing and deleting past events from the CMS)
- Sourcing University-related events for the calendar and the External Relations Activities List (ERAL)
- Processing and dealing with queries and requests for the Events Calendar email inbox (Events Calendar webpage for further information)
- Collating events information for the annual Higher Education Business and Community Interactive Survey (HEBCIS) submission for R&I colleagues
- Responsibility for and maintenance of the ERAL planning document including logging and archiving items
- Proofreading and checking corporate publications in line with the University house style and tone of voice guidelines
- Checking and signing off partner college publications and print advertising material (in collaboration with Academic Partnerships colleagues)
- Drafting and producing the schedules for the undergraduate and postgraduate prospectuses, plus responsibility for specific content and coordinating proof readers on the project
- Drafting and producing schedules for the Annual Review, Invenite, and Annual Report and Financial Statements corporate publications
- Processing information requests relating to archived undergraduate and postgraduate prospectuses
- Admin responsibilities include booking/logging work with external proof readers and reviewing feedback for colleagues
Responsibilities included elements of the above plus involvement with the prospectus production process (incorporating scheduling, coordinating the partner colleges content, compiling the index, updating the prospectus intranet community to provide guidance/information and updating course information in the CMS).
Public Relations Assistant
Before focusing on publications, I was PR Assistant for eight years and my role included providing PR cover, dealing with media enquiries, writing/distributing news releases and event notices, and financial administration for the department (processing invoices and payments) plus designing and submitting corporate course recruitment adverts in local and national newspapers.
During this time I was also responsible for the marketing, ticket sales (including running the box office on concert nights) and financial reporting administration for the Plymouth Chamber Music Trust's concerts held at the University from 1994–2010.
- DipRSA. Higher Diploma in Administrative and Secretarial Procedures
- Chapterhouse course in proofreading and editorial skills
- NCFE Desktop Publishing
- University of Plymouth Business Office Information Systems Certificate (with distinction)
- RSA qualifications in shorthand, shorthand speed test 80wpm (Teeline), typewriting, audio-typing, CLAIT and word processing