Publishing Quality Control Officer
Marketing Services (Design) - Marketing Services (External Relations)
My role as Publishing Quality Control Officer is split across web and print:
- maintaining the events calendar on the extranet as Events Calendar Editor (creating and uploading new pages, updating and editing existing pages) and sourcing University-related events both for the calendar and the External Relations Activities List (ERAL)
- processing and dealing with queries and requests for the Events Calendar email inbox (Events Calendar webpage for further information: www.plymouth.ac.uk/your-university/about-us/university-structure/service-areas/marketing-and-communications/events-calendar)
- proofreading and checking corporate publications in line with the University house style and tone of voice guidelines
- checking partner college publications and print advertising material for compliancy with University branding and quality control requirements (collaborating with Academic Partnerships colleagues and giving University sign-off to a publication)
- collating events information for the annual HEBCIS survey for R&I colleagues
- attending the University-wide Collaborative Activity and Partnership group meetings (CAPM - formerly Marcomms)
- input and responsibility for the University-wide ERAL planning document plus uploads to the CAPM intranet community
- assisting with the scheduling (in collaboration with Student Recruitment) of the undergraduate and postgraduate prospectuses
- dealing with information requests relating to archived undergraduate and postgraduate prospectuses.
- DipRSA. Higher Diploma in Administrative and Secretarial Procedures.
- Chapterhouse course in proofreading and editorial skills.
- NCFE Desktop Publishing.
- Plymouth University Business Office Information Systems Certificate (with distinction).
- RSA qualifications in shorthand, shorthand speed test 80wpm (Teeline), typewriting, audio-typing, CLAIT and word processing.
- Annual Review
- Research Report
- Bulletin/UPfront (previous staff magazines)
- Spotlight on Cornwall brochure
- Enterprise magazine.
Recent items reviewed include:
- HR recruitment literature
- Connect magazine (current staff magazine)
- Graduation brochure
- HR Athena SWAN submission document
- Parents Guide
- House of Lords brochure
- Moor to Sea Without the Car: Walks from Plymouth Using Public Transport (Dartmoor Search and Rescue Team Plymouth book)
- PU PSMD undergraduate prospectus
- PUIC International Students Guide
- Annual Sustainability Report
- University showcase brochure
- Degree Apprenticeship brochures
- Faculty of Health and Human Sciences CPD prospectus
- Student Recruitment course brochures and offer pack postcards
plus revamping and updating the corporate house style guide, signing off partner college publications and major rewrite / input into the PU Summer Schools brochure.
http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/whats-on (events calendar)