This page contains all of the information to prepare you for interview when applying for one of our teaching programmes.
Many of the programmes require specific pre-work; please ensure you read the programme-specific pages linked below to fully prepare for your interview.
Please note that all applicant interviews for 2021 entry will take place through Zoom meetings.
If you have any queries regarding your interview booking, please contact our Course Enquiries and Interviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, our Admissions Team is here to support you and answer any questions you may have regarding your application. Drop us an email at email@example.com.
Alternatively, call the Student Recruitment and Admissions Department to talk to either team: +44(0)1752 585858.
Please ensure you send copies of your documents/certificates (scan or good quality photo) to firstname.lastname@example.org before your Skype or Zoom interview. If you have been successful in your application, we will ask you to submit your original documents when you start your course.
- It is mandatory to complete the 3 Education Declaration forms prior to your interview. Failure to do so may affect the process of your application. Please complete these forms in full and prior to your chosen interview date and return to email@example.com
o Education Self Disclosure form
o Education Overseas Declaration form
o Education Disqualification Declaration
- To prepare for your interview we recommend thinking about the reasons you want to study on the course you have applied for. Current students have said they found it useful to make sure they had knowledge of some of the topical issues in the news.
- Specific programmes may require more preparation, further information on this is available from the relevant course link.
- Disability and dyslexia advice and support: We talk to students about disability support and any reasonable adjustments available for their programme of study. A disability can be a mental health condition, dyslexia or any other specific learning difficulty, autism, or long term medical condition – such as epilepsy or diabetes.
- If you have a disability, please ensure you have read the information on our Disability Services webpage. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page and open the Disability disclosure information document.
BEd Primary interviews
Essential information for those attending an interview for the BEd (Hons) Primary course.
PGCE Primary (3-7) and PGCE Primary (5-11) interviews
Essential information for those attending an interview for one of our PGCE Primary programmes.
PGCE Secondary interviews
Essential information for those attending an interview for one of our PGCE Secondary programmes.