Victoria is a Chartered Engineer who graduated from the University of Plymouth in 1998 with both an MEng and a BEng (Hons) in Civil and Structural Engineering. After joining Amey plc as a Structural Engineer in 2008, Victoria became the Watchman-in-Chief in 2010, on the Plymouth Transport and Highways contract. Working closely with Plymouth City Council, elected members and key stakeholders, Victoria is responsible for the development and implementation of the Watchman Function and Asset Management policies. This includes statutory duties under both the Highways Act and New Roads and Streetworks Act as well as customer service and community engagement activities.
Victoria is a member of the following institutions and groups:
- Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT)
- CIHT South West Branch Committee member
- Industrial Advisory Committee for the University of Plymouth
- Construction Advisory Board for City College, Plymouth.
- Transport Board member for Plymouth Chamber of Commerce.
Amey plc manage and maintain Plymouth’s highways which includes around 900km of roads, 180 highway structures and over 42,000 gullies.