As a course focused on employability, we’ve developed a number of relationships with the industry to help provide you with the connections and opportunities you’ll need to begin your career.
We have a long history of working with industry experts. Our Industrial Advisory Committee (IAC) is a panel of esteemed practising engineers and one of the biggest in the UK. Working in partnership with the IAC, we keep your curriculum up-to-date with issues facing the profession and to ensure that you’re highly employable when you graduate. Our IAC members will assess your work and use their professional networks to bring in visiting speakers and site visits.
We actively encourage all our students to become student members of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE). Our ICE Plymouth City club runs a full programme of events aimed at your professional development, with evening institution lectures providing valuable networking opportunities with practising engineers.
We also have links with the Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA), who recently awarded the Best Placement Student prize to one of our MEng (Hons) Civil Engineering students.
Our MEng (Hons) is accredited by the Institution of Civil Engineers, The Institution of Structural Engineers, the Institute of Highway Engineers and The Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation on behalf of the Engineering Council, for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
All of our courses are accredited by the Joint Board of Moderators (JBM), which includes:
- The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE).
- The Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE).
- The Institute of Highway Engineers (IHE).
- The Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation (CIHT).
In recent years our MEng (Hons) Civil Engineering students have won a number of awards, including:
- 2013 Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA) (Southern Area) – Annual Award for Best Placement Student.
- 2013 Winner – Institution of Civil Engineers (South West) Graduates and Students Papers Competition.
- 2013 Winner – Institution of Structural Engineers (Devon and Cornwall Branch) Student Prize.
- 2014 Winner – National Flux Competition Winners.