There is currently a global shortage of qualified architectural engineers. Architectural engineering graduates are in great demand because of the ever increasing importance placed on the design, construction and operation of sustainable buildings. Architectural engineers play a critical role in the multidisciplinary design teams of today’s built environment sector and therefore rank among the highest paid built environment professionals.
Graduates of architectural engineering gain employment in a wide range of built environment professions, including design managers, design engineers, design coordinators, building services engineers, consultants, project managers, building control officers and facility managers.
Graduates of architectural engineering have an excellent track record in gaining employment and go on to have successful careers in engineering consultancies, architectural practices and the public sector. The UK is a world leader in building design and engineering and graduates secure positions within a wide range of multi-national and private organisations, such as Arup, AECOM, Atkins, Amec Foster Wheeler, Bailey Partnership, Carillion plc, Hoare Lea and Laing O’Rourke.
How we will boost your employability after graduation
Our architectural engineering course works with an industrial advisory panel that actively supports the programme and provides our students with excellent links with future employers as well as opportunities to learn about the cutting edge of industry practice and thinking. Other activities that will enhance your employability include:
- one year paid industry placement in an architectural practice, engineering consultancy or construction company in the UK or abroad
- careers events, where you will be able to meet and discuss careers opportunities with future employers
- 'preparing for industry' talks by future employers
- workshops with industry professionals and guest lectures with industry specialists
- advice with the preparation of your CV and interviews.