This module enables students to develop their skills and diagnosis and treatment planning for more complex patients, showing originality in the application of knowledge as well as how established literature can be applied to clinical scenarios. It introduces the concept of treatment with dental implants and their aftercare/maintenance. Important issues such as Consent, relevant Standards for care and governance techniques are also taught.
Teaching is delivered through seminars and by demonstrations and practical training in the Simulated Dental Learning Environment (SDLE).
You will cover:
- Essential occlusion and occlusal splint construction.
- Periodontal splinting.
- Orthodontics and endodontics in relation to periodontal therapy.
- The Prosthodontic/periodontal interface.
- Maintenance therapy and gerodontology.
- Implantology; theory of osseointegration and restorative procedures.
- Peri-implant pathology.