Strategic research membership model
- Optimised hydrodynamic design of structures for performance and survivability
- Development of marine autonomous systems with appropriate regulatory framework for FLOW
- Development of clean maritime support vessels for FLOW
- Environmental licencing and consenting
- Optimised port operations via the University’s Maritime Simulation Lab
- Co-location of ORE with other operations, such as aquaculture, and whole energy systems integration
New technological solutions
- Floating structures
- Dynamic cables
- Moorings and subsystems
- Operations and maintenance
- Ocean data capture
- Clean maritime solutions
- Consenting and environmental impact
- Maritime cyber security
Ongoing research and development support
- Company-sponsored PhDs
- Masters and undergraduate projects
- Guest lectures
- Staff exchanges and placements
- Academic collaborative projects
- Commercial projects
- Co-investment in staff and new facilities with joint access arrangements
Future workforce development
- Student placements for undergraduate and masters courses introducing them to your company as a future career destination
- Guest lectures for relevant University programmes to attract future graduates
- Engagement at the University’s graduate fairs to promote your company to some of the brightest minds
Skills development for existing employees
- Part-time degrees
- Work-based degrees
- Higher apprenticeship
- Micro-credential provision
- Bespoke short courses tailored to your company needs
Courses and Apprenticeships
We offer one of the widest portfolios of marine engineering and maritime business courses in Europe.
Marine undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
Full- and part-time degrees, from coastal engineering to ORE, provided on campus or through partners within our college network.
Shipping, logistics and operations qualifications
Programmes of study in areas related to the ORE industry, including maritime business, operations and supply chain management.
Work-based degrees and higher apprenticeships
Industry-led, higher and degree apprenticeships to address skill gaps, support succession planning and stimulate business growth.
Featured Programmes for Offshore Wind
Alongside the wide breadth of marine and maritime courses that we offer, we also have programmes tailored to meet the needs of skills development in the offshore renewable energy industry, including:
Partner College Network
The University of Plymouth works with many partner colleges, both individually and collectively, including as part of the
South West Institute of Technology. We collaborate on skills development for the maritime industry and floating offshore wind sector, facilitating work-based, full- and part-time vocational courses at levels 3-7.
Find out more about our full range of courses offered at FE partners.
Deputy Vice Chancellor, Education and Student Experience