Applications for the second cohort of eight to ten participants running from June 2021 to May 2022 are now closed.
About the programme
Cultivator Phase 2 are working with Golant Innovation and Mandy Berry to design, develop, deliver and evaluate a Creative and Cultural Leadership Development Programme (CCLDP) for Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly (C&IoS). The programme will be rooted in the needs and aspirations of C&IoS. The initiative is designed to increase the growth, productivity and resilience of the Creative Economy in the South West by bringing together industry and academia through Open Innovation and Knowledge Exchange. The CCLDP will deliver support to two cohorts of beneficiaries between September 2020 and June 2022. The programme will incorporate a range of activities to meet identified need; workshops, mentoring & coaching, peer-led activities and facilitated action-learning sets.
- What does leadership mean, different styles of leadership – including freelance and part-time teams.
- Collaborative and partnership working including leading networks and across different sub-Innovation and creativity, experimentation, R&D, design thinking, understanding risk and learning from mistakes.
- Entrepreneurship, setting up ventures, adaptability focused on revenue and funding.
- Business models - mixed income streams, hybrid funding public and private, assets and resources and IP, different ways of creating value.
- Digital leadership – understanding the implications of digital as opposed to being good at tech.
- Governance, corporate and project structures – including working with your chair and board, decision-making and compliance.
- Organisational structures and design – to enable effective leadership and management, accountability, and performance.
- Leadership in uncertain times – vision setting, futures thinking, agility and adaptability, strategic planning for short-, medium- and long-term.
- Advocacy and representing the sector and region – telling the story, setting the agenda and harnessing the opportunities.
Themes of resilience, inclusion and diversity, evidence-based decision-making and data-driven innovation, communications for effective leadership and environmental sustainability will be woven throughout the programme.
Whether you see yourself as an entrepreneur, creative, cultural practitioner or other kind of innovator – this could be the next stage of your professional development. More information on the programme and applying.
As well as the Creative and Cultural Leadership Development Programme, The University of Plymouth is leading the following activities within the Cultivator project:
- Knowledge Exchange Programme
- Showcasing Scheme
Meet the first cohort
Visitor Experience and Collections Manager, Bodmin Keep: Cornwall’s Army Museum
Twitter: @BodminKeep @VerityJEAnthony
Director, Grays Wharf
Film Director, Studio Erma
iMayflower Project and Knowledge Exchange Manager, University of Plymouth
Director, Penlee House Gallery & Museum
Peddlar of Design Innovation in the Heritage Sector
Robin James Sullivan
Poet & Illustrator, Cerisia Ta’Torin Illustrations
Founder, Bull & Wolf Film Co.