Our Inclusion Planner 2022/23 is a downloadable PDF packed full of key cultural and religious dates throughout the academic year and features photographs by our students at the Doctoral College. Throughout the academic year our staff and students will be celebrating and commemorating events which are important to them so use our Inclusion Planner Guidance to understand how you can support them.
Our Inclusion Planner 2022/23 is here to help everyone celebrate, commemorate and recognise important events throughout the academic year. We are lucky to have a diverse community of staff and students and the Inclusion Planner is key in ensuring everyone can bring their whole selves to campus. Here are some tips on using it effectively:
- Read our Inclusion Planner Guidance to understand what different festivals mean and how you can adapt things for students and colleagues
- If it is a festival that involves fasting then why not read our Guidance on Fasting
- Speak to Pastoral and Spiritual Support for specific faith/religion advice
- If you work with students then UPSU has a huge range of Student Societies who would love to help you celebrate special occasions
- You may want to buy staff or students celebratory food; our Halal and Kosher Food Guide can help!
- We have an internal SharePoint site full of resources, best-practice guidance and information to support inclusive practice at the University of Plymouth. Visit the site here (log-in required).
The best way to use our Inclusion Planner is by downloading our free calendar for outlook then you will never forget an important date again!
Plymouth is more than just the Hoe! This map will help you discover more about our diverse city from Halal and Kosher food suppliers to LGBT+ spaces and places of worship. Plymouth Inclusion Map
Prefer to use a gender-neutral toilet? This map will help you find one. Gender-neutral toilets
Our LGBT+ Breathing Spaces give you a space for calm and support. LGBT+ Breathing Spaces
Our AccessAble maps provide accessible routes across campus. Accessibility Map
Our virtual tour helps you to avoid any anxiety or stress and plan ahead. Virtual Tour