As a proud civic University; the University is involved in and works with their local community. This is most evident in their equality, diversity and inclusion activities with a range of local community groups, educational groups and research centres both in the University and in the wider Plymouth area focusing on how to best support the local community.
To build on local community work, the University of Plymouth is proud to launch a new community room hire scheme for local community groups and organisations. There are no fees and no deposits required to hire a room for your community group.
"I am delighted to see that our room hire scheme is already proving popular with amazing local groups such as the Diversity Business Incubator and the Syrian Hope Society already booking in with us. The University has a responsibility to reach out into the local community and offer support wherever we can and by working with our Events team and the Health and Safety department we have created a free service that provides a much-needed resource to local groups."
– Andrew Grace, University Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Advisor
Any local group can request to hire a room as they meet the following criteria:
- They are a non-profit group.
- They are not aligned to any political party.
- They will be using the space for the good of the community; it may not be used for any illegal or immoral purposes or anything that can cause public nuisance.
- They will not be using the space for performance, physical activity or anything that risks physical harm.
- They will not be engaging in discriminatory language or behaviour.
Spaces can be booked up to two months in advance and are available between the hours of 8:30 and 21:00, Monday to Friday. If a room is required over a weekend or outside of these hours then call +441752 588261 to see if there is something that we can do.
The University is a member of AccessAble and can provide detailed information on the accessibility of all of our sites.