Digital capabilities are integral to personal, academic and professional development. In the broadest sense, digital capabilities may be defined as those skills, knowledge and practices that enable an individual to understand and interact with the digital world effectively and safely. This framework aims to support students and staff in developing these skills and the resources are built around the Jisc Digital Capability framework aligned to categories widely used across the sector.
The framework categories are broken down into:
- ICT proficiency (Information, data and media literacies, digital creation, problem solving and innovation)
- digital communication, collaboration and participation
- digital learning and development
- digital identity and well being.
How to use the framework:
- Identify your existing skills using the Discovery Tool self-assessment and utilise the resources provided in your individual summary report at the end.
- If you are new to the University look at the resources specifically designed for staff and students just joining us.
- Use the resource finder to search for a range of resources to support development of the capability areas.