Welcome to Plymouth Electron Microscopy Centre (PEMC) which offers expert and specialist support to students, researchers, academics and industry. We have a comprehensive range of light microscopes, electron microscopes, imaging processing and analysis software providing support to a range of disciplines within Plymouth University, external research organiastions and industry clients.
Our equipment is integrated with sophisticated software for image analysis, image processing and x-ray characterisation of materials, with facilities for rapid report generation. Remote, real-time SEM operation is also available.
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM)
- Low-vacuum SEM, with large chamber
- Low-temperature SEM (cryo)
- Light / optical microscopy
- Confocal microscopy
- Electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD)
- EDS (Energy Dispersive Spectrometry)
- WDS (Wavelength Dispersive Spectrometry)
- Mineral analysis
If you would like to discuss how electron microscopy could support your study, research or business please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.