The Plymouth Astronomical Society (PAS) meets on the second Friday of each month at the University of Plymouth from September to July. Society meetings are free to members and visitors are very welcome to attend at a cost of £2 on the door. Please bring cash (change preferred) as we have no card payment facilities.
All meetings are held in the Rolle Building and there is disabled access to the venue. If the ground floor door is locked, please ring 01752 588400. Please contact PAS via the webform for further information.
Friday 8 April
- Aspects of Astrophotography, by Steve Cooke
- Observing the Moon, by Chris Cooke (no relation!)
Friday 13 May
- A Brief Look at Globular Clusters, by Phil James
Friday 10 June
- Fun Astronomy Quiz - with prizes!
- Maybe a brief talk too
Monday 27 June (NB: this replaces the usual July meeting as the speaker is visiting Plymouth a few days at this time)
- Multimessenger Astronomy, by Professor John Beckman, Astrophysics Institute of the Canaries (Tenerife)
There is no meeting in August and the next meeting will be on Friday 9 September.
PAS also holds outreach and observing events on Plymouth Hoe and elsewhere - visit their Facebook page for announcements.