The Languages Café promotes communication across languages and across cultures. It is a meeting place for students, staff and Plymouth residents to practise their language skills over a coffee, in an informal and fun environment.
Sessions are run in a relaxed and sociable environment with native speakers to help guide conversations in French, Spanish and English, and occasionally German, Chinese (Mandarin) or Italian.
Many participants come from our partnership with Plymouth U3A (University of the Third Age).
The Languages Café offers our students and the Plymouth community a great way
- Practise target languages
- Learn about different cultures
- Build close-knit friendships
- Have fun.
All abilities - all welcome. The café is open on Wednesdays and Thursdays during the semester.
- Wednesdays (13:00-14:00): Robbins Lecture Theatre, Plymouth University.
- Thursdays (17:30-18:30): Students' Union Café, Plymouth University.