Organised by the International Maritime Archaeology and Shipwreck Society (IMASS), the 36th International Shipwreck Conference is run by wreck enthusiasts for enthusiasts.
Provisional programme (please note that this may be subject to change).
- HMS Hampshire and HMS Vanguard (Emily Turton)
- Wrecks of the Baltic and Gulf of Finland (Immi Wallin)
- Centaur or Musashi (David Mearns)
- HMS Victory and Gairsoppa (Sean Kingsley)
- Antikythera (Phil Short/Gemma Smith)
- Shipwrecks along the coast of the Aegean Sea, Turkey (Harun Ozdas)
- USS Monitor (John Broadwater)
Visit the Eventbrite webpage* for the latest information, to book tickets and for any queries.
IMASS's aim is to provide a meeting place for divers, explorers, archaeologists and salvors as well as government and commercial organisations. The organisers are all divers with interests in maritime archaeology and history and the varied nature of the speakers reflects this - a conference can include a world renowned archaeologist alongside a treasure hunter, followed by a diver working on a local project.
This conference is not just for academics and is the only regular one of its kind in the UK (and one of the few in the world) where archaeologists and salvors can meet.