Dr Kirsty McQuaid, One Ocean Hub Research Fellow joins this panel hosted by One Ocean Hub, The Ocean Foundation & the International Alliance to Combat Ocean Acidification.
Bringing together marine and climate experts, they will discuss the impacts of climate change and ocean acidification on the marine environment and ecosystem services, potential mitigation and adaptation measures.
The aim of the event is to identify synergies between the law of the sea and the climate change regimes that could maximise the effectiveness of potential responses to ongoing and significant changes in the marine ecosystems (and their services to humans) from the local to the global levels as a result from climate change.
Chairs: Mr Mark J. Spalding, President, The Ocean Foundation and Dr Francesco Sindico, Reader in International Environmental Law, Strathclyde University Law School
Speakers and discussants:
- Dr Kirsty McQuaid, University of Plymouth
- Dr Daniela Diz, Heriot Watt University
- Prof Murray Roberts, The University of Edinburgh
- Adv Kate McKenzie, University of Strathclyde
- Adv Mitchell Lennan, University of Strathclyde
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Chile
- Ms Alexis Valauri-Orton, Ocean Foundation
- Dr Libby Jewett, National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration
- Dr Renée Martin-Nagle, Treasurer, International Water Resources Association IWRA, President and CEO, A Ripple Effect.