Federal funding for US and Canadian students
US Department of Education Federal Direct LoansThe University is eligible to administer US Department of Education Federal Direct Loans to process loan applications and disburse funds.
Potential applicants are advised to visit FAFSA where you can complete the application documentation. The University's school code is G23521.
If you have any questions, please contact the Student Funding Unit. If your application is completed correctly, they’ll receive notification through the US Department of Education's Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) System. However, it may speed up the approval process if you let them know that you’re applying.
Sallie Mae Smart Loans
The University is also able to administer Sallie Mae Smart Loans. Please apply for a loan through the Sallie Mae's website​
For further information, please contact the Student Funding Unit.
The University's federal school code is G23521.

Advice for Canadian students

The Federal and Provincial Governments offer financial aid to Canadians studying at University of Plymouth. We’re a public institution with code PVBZ (although some provinces/territories may use a different code). Canadian loans are means-tested, so you’re required to demonstrate financial need in order to qualify for financial aid.

If you're interested in applying for a loan you should do it through your provincial/territorial student assistance office or website. When you apply, you’re considered for funding by both the Provincial and Federal Government, meaning you only have to apply once for your funding for the year. While federal loans are handled through a lender called the National Student Loans Service Centre, provincial loans are handled through provincial governments and student aid branches. Please visit the Campus Access website for a comprehensive overview of the financial aid application process.

Your provincial Student Finance Department, not the University, will process most of your loans. However, you may require University signatures or verification of your student status. The University must also confirm that you have been accepted onto a course or are already enrolled with us before any financial aid will be paid to you. If you need further information, please contact the Student Funding Unit.

Students receiving out-of-province aid from Canadian provinces should bring loan and deferment forms to the Student Funding Unit, Nancy Astor Bulding.

Federal Student Aid

The US Department of Education have produced some videos on applying for Federal Student Aid which you may find helpful. 
Visit their You Tube channel.
In addition to this, you can also find information on their website and Facebook page.
Roland Levinsky Building