Students are always encouraged to discuss their disabilities/learning support needs with their placements mentor prior to going into practice. Students with disabilities/ learning support needs can access the support they need through their personal tutor or through their institutions disability service.
Students may require risk assessments or have recommended reasonable adjustments, this will be communicated to you via your PEP allocations and/or their personal tutor. Arrangements for risk assessments will be made either prior to or at the commencement of the placement.
For further information please refer to the videos below:
- Facilitating a positive placement experience in healthcare settings – an inclusive approach
- Meta-cognition - an interactive and inclusive approach for supporting healthcare students
- Placement Learning Support Plan - reasonable adjustments for healthcare students
- Assistive technology as a reasonable adjustments for healthcare students in healthcare settings
- Mobile devices in healthcare settings – an inclusive approach (and a reasonable adjustment)