Student services uses personal data, including special category data, to administer your support, deliver services and meet statutory obligations including, but not limited to:
- providing you support to assist your academic, physical, mental, emotional and/or financial wellbeing, such as:
- providing support and advice via student services
- reasonable adjustments as required by the Equality Act 2010 in relation to your academic course, and its assessment (including examinations)
- maintaining student records in relation to updating information such as disability information
- financial assessments and administration (e.g. financial hardship funds)
- safeguarding and promoting student welfare
- monitoring equality of opportunity and eliminating unlawful discrimination
- ensuring safety and security.
We may also use your data for other administrative purposes, such as undertaking statistical analysis, carrying out compliance audits, promotion of services, detection or prevention of crime, and dealing with grievances, disciplinary action, complaints or other enquiries.