*This floor plan is a representation of a typical flat in Robbins Hall. The drawing is not to scale and should not be relied upon when making decisions about your accommodation. Please note that the images above are examples and not all rooms and kitchens will look like this.
Nestled in the centre of the Student Village, this lively hall is great value for money and is situated directly opposite the main University campus. Robbins Hall has a really strong community feel and it's a great place to meet new people. With the city centre literally on your doorstep, you'll find everything you need within a few minutes' walk. This hall offers 268 Standard and Loft rooms and 162 En suite rooms and is perfect for undergraduates, postgraduates, international students and returning residents.
“I did a lot of research and made Robbins Hall my first choice. It's cheap and cheerful. The place feels like it's lived in and it's close to campus, close to the village and I have a lovely balcony, which is great. It's really affordable so I have lots of money left over to buy groceries and to go out!”
Elsa – current student
Room types and prices
Loft: Only available on the top floor, with an apex roof and Velux window. Some top floor loft flats have a separate social area.
Standard: Standard rooms, however two flats in the building have a bath.
- Cost: £102 per week – Total annual rent £4,182 (41-week licence), £4,284 total annual rent (42-week licence)
- Floor size: approximately 9m².
- Bed size: single bed.
- Facilities: storage, shelving, wardrobe, desk, chair, notice board and sink in the room. Shared bathrooms, two shower rooms (cubicle) and two separate WCs per flat of eight people.
- Cost: £136 per week – total annual rent £5,576 (41-week licence), £5,712 total annual rent (42-week licence)
- Floor size: approximately 11m².
- Bed size: single bed.
- Facilities: en suite shower (cubicle), storage, shelving, wardrobe, desk, chair, notice board and sink in the room.
Our recently refurbished, lively hall is located in the student village directly opposite the main University campus, benefiting from the city centre right on its doorstep, and only a minute's walk away from the Students’ Union, library, campus cafes and lecture theatres.
Address: Robbins Hall of Residence, Gibbon Street, Plymouth, Devon PL4 8BZ.
Number of flatmates
Four, five, six or eight students per flat.
Benefits and facilities
- City centre on your doorstep
- 24-hour campus security
- Single-sex flats
- Residence Life events supported by Student Hall Ambassadors
- Halls Team on site 11am–11pm daily
- Utility bills included (water, gas, and electricity)*
- Student laundry facilities close by
- Bicycle and surfboard storage available
- Kitchens include fridge/freezer, oven, hob, microwave, kettle, toaster and ironing board
- Some flats benefit from having balconies (accessed through the kitchen). Not available on-ground floor flats.
*TV License not included
Once you've confirmed your booking, you'll be able to connect with your future Robbins Hall flatmates by joining an exclusive Facebook group.
Prepaid catering package
Forget about cooking, food shopping and washing up this year, and enjoy the benefits of a flexible prepaid way to eat while studying at the University of Plymouth. Enjoy sustainable, locally sourced, fresh food from a range of our award-winning campus cafes with our new prepaid catered halls package. Available from September 2021 to those living in University-managed accommodation, this package spans over 35 weeks of the year, providing your breakfast and a two course dinner from Monday to Friday, excluding the Christmas break and Bank Holidays.
Residence life: optimising your student experience
Moving away from home can be daunting which is why our dedicated residence life team are there to provide you with the support and advice you need.
To help you settle in the team arrange regular residence life events providing a fantastic way for you to meet new people, and have fun with friends you've already made. The events are hosted by our friendly Halls Team, so be sure to keep an eye out throughout the year.