*This floor plan is a representation of a typical flat in Gilwell Hall. The drawing is not to scale and should not be relied upon when making decisions about your accommodation. Please note that the images above are examples and not all rooms and kitchens will look like this.
If you're looking for value for money and a sociable atmosphere, then Gilwell Hall is ideal. Situated in the student village directly opposite the main University campus, Gilwell Hall has a really strong community feel and it's a great place to meet new people. With the city centre literally on your doorstep, you'll find everything you need within a few minutes' walk. This hall offers 197 Standard and Loft rooms and is perfect for undergraduates, postgraduates, international students and returning residents.
“Gilwell Hall is great value for the price and I have everything I need. The location is awesome as I'm so close to the local shops and really close to the Uni.”
Lara – current student
Gilwell hall tour
Discover Gilwell hall of residence with BSc (Hons) Marine Biology and Coastal Ecology student Sarah, as she takes you on a tour around Gilwell.
"I chose to live in halls because I wanted to experience the social side of first year and I thought it would be easier to make new friends and meet new people."
Frazer, Gilwell resident
Gilwell hall tour
Room types and prices
Standard room: Standard rooms are spread over 4 floorsof Gilwell
- Cost: £107 per week – total annual rent £4,387 (41-week licence)
- Floor size: approximately 9m².
- Bed size: single bed.
- Bedroom facilities: shelving, wardrobe, desk and chair, sink in room, shared bathrooms – communal shower room (one shower per six people).
Gilwell Hall is situated in the Student Village directly opposite the main University campus, benefiting with the city centre right on its doorstep, and only a minutes walk away from the Students’ Union, library, campus cafes and lecture theatres
Address: Gilwell Hall of Residence, Tavistock Place, Plymouth, Devon PL4 8AP.
Number of flatmates
Benefits and facilities
- City centre on your doorstep
- Single-sex flats
- Weekly cleaning of the communal washing facilities and kitchens
- Bicycle and surfboard storage available
- 24-hour campus security
- Residence Life events supported by Student Hall Ambassadors
- Halls Team on site 11am–11pm daily
- Utility bills included (water, gas, and electricity)*
- Student laundry facilities close by
- Kitchens include an oven, hob, microwave, kettle, fridge, freezer, toaster and ironing board.
Once you've confirmed your booking, you'll be able to connect with your future Gilwell Hall flatmates by joining an exclusive Facebook group.
Prepaid catering package
Residence life: optimising your student experience
Moving away from home can be daunting which is why our dedicated residence life team are there to provide you with the support and advice you need.
To help you settle in the team arrange regular residence life events, providing a fantastic way for you to meet new people and have fun with friends you've already made. The events are hosted by our friendly Halls Team, so be sure to keep an eye out throughout the year.