*This floor plan is a representation of a typical flat in Gilwell Hall. The drawing is not to scale and should not be relied upon when making decisions about your accommodation. Please note that the images above are examples and not all rooms and kitchens will look like this.
If you're looking for value for money and a sociable atmosphere, then Gilwell Hall is ideal. Situated in the student village directly opposite the main University campus, Gilwell has a really strong community feel and it's a great place to meet new people. With the city centre literally on your doorstep, you'll find everything you need within a few minutes' walk. This hall offers 197 Standard and Loft rooms and is perfect for undergraduates, postgraduates, international students and returning residents.
“Gilwell is great value for the price and I have everything I need. The location is awesome as I'm so close to the local shops and really close to uni.”
Lara – current student
Room types and prices
Loft room: Only available on the top floor, with an apex roof and velux window
Standard room: Standard rooms spread over 4 floors
- Cost: £102 per week – total annual rent 4,182 (41-week licence), £4,284 total annual rent (42-week licence)
- Floor size: approximately 9m².
- Bed size: single bed.
- Bedroom facilities: shelving, wardrobe, desk and chair, sink in room, shared bathrooms - communal shower room (one shower per six people).
Gilwell is situated in the Student Village directly opposite the main University campus, benefiting with the city centre right on its doorstep, and only a minutes walk away from the Students’ Union, library, campus cafes and lecture theatresAddress: Gilwell Hall of Residence, Tavistock Place, Plymouth, Devon PL4 8AP
Number of flatmates
Five or six students per flat.
Benefits and facilities
- City centre on your doorstep
- Single-sex flats
- Weekly cleaning of the communal washing facilities and kitchens
- Bicycle and surfboard storage
- 24-hour campus security
- Residence life social programme
- Hall volunteers
- Utility bills included (water, gas, and electricity)*
- Student laundry facilities close by
- Kitchens include an oven, hob, microwave, kettle, fridge, freezer, toaster and ironing board.
Once you've confirmed your booking, you'll be able to connect with your future Gilwell flatmates by joining an exclusive Facebook group.
Residence life: optimising your student experience
Moving away from home can be daunting which is why our dedicated residence life team are there to provide you with the support and advice you need.
To help you settle in the team arrange regular residence life events providing a fantastic way for you to meet new people, and have fun with friends you've already made. The events are hosted by our friendly team of hall volunteers, so be sure to keep an eye out throughout the year.