- C517, Portland Square, Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA
- +44 1752 586819
Mr Robert Hart
Senior Digital Learning Developer
Digital Education - Academic Development (Library and Academic Development)
I work as a Senior Digital Learning Developer in the Digital Education team.
My work spans the medical, dental and postgraduate schools and involves:
- Working with fellow Digital Learning Developers and Designers, coordinating the delivery and development of a comprehensive Digital Education service.
- Leading in various projects for both Faculty of Health that includes developing bespoke resources, upgrading old resources and researching new methods to deliver content using the latest technologies suitable for the end users.
- Investigating and recommending new technologies (software and hardware), third party products, services and emerging practices for the University.
- Contributing to research funding applications and projects.
- Provision of training, supervision and authoring of protocols for staff and students in the development and use of resources (hardware, software systems etc), as part of a staff development role.
- Design for print including conference posters, printed learning resources and logos.
- Development and management of content managed e-resource system.
- Student IT inductions and digital literacy development.
- Providing guidance on copyright and IPR issues (non-legal advice).
- Lead Co-ordinator of a Game-Based Learning (GBL) Special Interest Group.
- Contribute to the team blog and social media accounts.
Associate Member of Association for Learning Technology (ALT).
My research interests include:
Grants & contracts
Higher Education Academy - Changing the Learning Landscape (CLL). Embedding Learning Technologies.
Hart, R., Kulkarni, R., Gunasekera, P., Chatterjee, A. (2014) Students’ perception towards the use of interactive comic strips in improving understanding of medical concepts: A case study.The Association for Study of Medical Education Annual Conference. Brighton. July 2014.
Hart, R., Curry, V. (2014) Using QR codes to access context specific teaching resources. JISc RSC South West TurboTEL Conference. UWE Exhibition and Conference Centre, Bristol, 10th June.