- Room 101, 24 Endsleigh Place, Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA
- +44 1752 588006
Ms Rebecca Lee
Content Strategy and Governance Manager
Marketing Services (Web) - Marketing Services (External Relations)
Rebecca Lee is the Content Strategy and Governance Manager for the University of Plymouth, responsible for strategic marketing and communications across all channels, from digital to print. She is currently managing the marketing teams within each Faculty.
Before this, she was Digital and Content Manager for the University for 7 years. Rebecca joined the University's Research Support Unit in 2001, at which time she developed the University’s first digital research directory, showcasing research activity across the institution.
With a career working in Further and Higher Education administration at the Welsh Funding Councils, University of Westminster and University of Wales College of Medicine, Rebecca’s experience covers a broad range of HE services from supporting the development of course delivery through the medium of Welsh and 'front line' campus office administration, to Research Assessment Exercise returns and dissemination of research activity and its impact.
With a highly relevant degree in Ancient History from Cardiff University, Rebecca’s mission is to create accurate, professional and user-centric digital content; a passionate pedant, in her own words.
Rebecca’s achievements include setting up the University’s social media function from scratch, which has previously been recognised by an internet research agency as the leading university for social authority on Twitter out of the Guardian’s top 100 UK universities. The @plymuni Twitter account is also the most influential in Plymouth according to The Herald, after Tom Daley of course.
She led the redesign and development of the University’s web presence, including the implementation of a new editorial process and content strategy across the organisation. As part of this project, Rebecca designed the purpose-built Content Management System (CMS) used to update the University website. Digital work at the University is developed using Agile methodology and Rebecca was Product Owner for web development until her role broadened to all channels.
- Digital and Content team: for digital and content creation, strategy and policy (web, social, screens, prospectus, courses) please contact email@example.com.
- Faculty Marketing teams: for subject-specific marketing campaigns, student recruitment and conversion, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search 'External Relations' on the staff portal for strategy, policy, toolkits and support: portal.plymouth.ac.uk.
BA(Hons) Ancient History, Cardiff University
Reports & invited lectures
- Presenter: Effective digital marketing strategies, ModernGov CPD course, June 2014
- Presenter: Standing out from the Agile crowd, Agile on the Beach conference, September 2014
- Guest lecturer: Online events promotion, 2nd year BSc (Hons) Events Management, November 2015, November 2016, November 2017
- Guest lecturer: Social Media Workshop, 3rd year BA (Hons) 3D Design, October 2016, and 3rd year BA (Hons) 3D Design, BA (Hons) Illustration and BA (Hons) Photography, November 2017