Ms Rebecca Lee
Content Strategy and Governance Manager
Marketing Services (Web) - Marketing Services (External Relations)
Rebecca Lee is the Content Strategy and Governance Manager for the University of Plymouth, responsible for content marketing and communications across all channels, from digital to print. Before being appointed to this position, she was Digital and Content Manager for the University for 7 years.
Rebecca joined the University's Research Support Unit in 2001, at which time she developed the University’s first digital research directory, showcasing research activity across the institution.
With a career working in Further and Higher Education administration at the Welsh Funding Councils, University of Westminster and University of Wales College of Medicine, Rebecca’s experience covers a broad range of HE services from supporting the development of course delivery through the medium of Welsh and 'front line' campus office administration, to Research Assessment Exercise returns and dissemination of research activity and its impact.
With a highly relevant degree in Ancient History from Cardiff University, Rebecca’s mission is to create accurate, professional and user-centric digital content; a passionate pedant, in her own words.
Rebecca’s achievements include setting up the University’s social media function from scratch, which has previously been recognised by an internet research agency as the leading university for social authority on Twitter out of the Guardian’s top 100 UK universities. The @plymuni Twitter account is also the most influential in Plymouth according to The Herald, after Tom Daley of course.
She led the redesign and development of the University’s web presence, including the implementation of a new editorial process and content strategy across the organisation. As part of this project, Rebecca designed the purpose-built Content Management System (CMS) used to update the University website.
Digital work at the University is developed using Agile methodology and Rebecca is Product Owner for web development.Digital Marketing Team
For digital content creation, please contact email@example.com. The digital editorial team supports:
- The University website, content strategy and policy
- University social media accounts, strategy and policy
- Digital marketing campaigns
- Digital advertising/PPC
- Google AdWords campaigns
- Digital screen content (campus and events), strategy and policy
Find out more about the team within the External Relations department at Digital team.
More information for staff on digital strategy, policy and support is available at portal.plymouth.ac.uk.
BA(Hons) Ancient History, Cardiff University
Reports & invited lectures
- Presenter: Effective digital marketing strategies, ModernGov CPD course, June 2014
- Presenter: Standing out from the Agile crowd, Agile on the Beach conference, September 2014
- Guest lecturer: Online events promotion, 2nd year BSc (Hons) Events Management, November 2015, November 2016, November 2017
- Guest lecturer: Social Media Workshop, 3rd year BA (Hons) 3D Design, October 2016, and 3rd year BA (Hons) 3D Design, BA (Hons) Illustration and BA (Hons) Photography, November 2017