- Room 5, 2 Kirkby Place, Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA
- +44 1752 586330
Dr Malgorzata Wojtys
Lecturer in Statistics
School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics (Faculty of Science and Engineering)
Dr Malgorzata Wojtys can be contacted through arrangement with our Press Office, to speak to the media on these areas of expertise.
- Copula functions
- Flexible sample selection models
- Density estimation
- Model selection
- Exponential families of models
- Mathematical statistics
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire.
Lecturer in Statistics in the School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics (Faculty of Science and Engineering)
- Lecturer in Statistics (since 2013), University of Plymouth, School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics.
- Research Associate (2012-13), University College London, Department of Statistical Science (project: "Semiparametric sample selection models with applications"), with Dr Giampiero Marra.
- Postdoctoral Researcher (2011-12), Polish Academy of Sciences, Institute of Computer Science (project: "Grade density estimation using model selection methods").
- PhD in Mathematical Statistics (2011), Warsaw University of Technology, Faculty of Mathematics and Information Science (project: "Estimation of probability density and its functionals using model selection"), with Professor Jan Mielniczuk.
- MSc in Mathematics (2006), Warsaw University of Technology, Faculty of Mathematics and Information Science, with Professor Jacek Koronacki.
- Member of the Royal Statistical Society
Model selection, density estimation, density functionals estimation, sample selection models.
- Wei Y., Wojtyś M., Sorrell L., Rowe P. (2023) Bivariate copula regression models for semi-competing risks. Statistical Methods in Medical Research, accepted for publication.
- Sorrell L., Wei Y., Wojtyś M. (2022) Estimating the correlation between semi-competing risk survival endpoints. Biometrical Journal 64(1), 131–145.
- Wojtyś M., Marra G., Radice R. (2018) Copula based generalized additive models for location, scale and shape with non-random sample selection. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis 127, 1–14.
- Wojtyś M., Marra G., Radice R. (2016) Copula regression spline sample selection models: the R package SemiParSampleSel. Journal of Statistical Software 71(6), 1–66.
- Radice R., Marra G., Wojtyś M. (2016) Copula regression spline models for binary outcomes. Statistics and Computing 26, 981–995.
- Mielniczuk J., Wojtyś M. (2014) P-value model selection criteria for exponential families of increasing dimension. Metrika 77, 257–284.
- Ciepiela P., Gniado M., Wesołowski J., Wojtyś M. (2012) Dynamic K-composite estimator for an arbitrary rotation scheme. Statistics in Transition 13, 7–20.
- Wojtyś M. (2011) Post-model-selection method for density estimation. Communications in Statistics - Theory and Methods 40, 3082–3098.
- Mielniczuk J., Wojtyś M. (2010) Estimation of Fisher information using model selection. Metrika 72, 163–187.
- Abdelmotaleb H., Wojtyś M., McNeile C. (2023) GSDMM model evaluation techniques with application to British telecom data. Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Statistics: Theory and Applications (ICSTA'23), accepted for publication.