- B412, Portland Square, Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA
Dr Kathy Redfern
Lecturer in Human Nutrition
School of Biomedical Sciences (Faculty of Health)
Programme Lead BSc (Hons) Nutrition, Exercise and Health - AfN accredited programme.
Lecturer in Human Nutrition.
I teach on the following degree programmes at the University of Plymouth
- BSc (Hons) Nutrition, Exercise and Health - AfN accredited
- BSc (Hons) Dietetics
- MSc Human Nutrition - AfN accredited
2020 Postgraduate Certificate of Academic Practice. University of Plymouth
2018 PhD Human Nutrition. University of Plymouth
2012 MSc Sport and Exercise Medicine. University of Exeter
2011 BSc (Hons) Exercise Nutrition and Health. University of Plymouth
- Association for Nutrition - Registered Nutritionist (Public Health)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Nutrition Society.
Roles on external bodies
- Association for Nutrition Accreditation Committee, 2019 - present.
- European Nutrition Leadership Platform (ENLP) - Social Media and Blog Team Member, 2018 - present.
- Nutrition Society Student Section, 2015-2018.
- University of Plymouth Senate - Researcher Forum Representative, 2018 - present.
- Faculty of Health, Health & Wellbeing Committee.
- BMC Pregnancy & Childbirth
- Journal of Nutritional Science
- Pediatric Obesity
Key publications are highlightedJournals
(2021) 'The relationship between gestational weight gain, maternal upper-body subcutaneous fat changes and infant birth size: a pilot observational study amongst women with obesity' Early Human Development 154, (0) 105307-105307 , DOI Open access
(2020) 'Nutrient Extraction Lowers Postprandial Glucose Response of Fruit in Adults with Obesity as well as Healthy Weight Adults' Nutrients 12, (3) 766-766 , DOI Open access
(2019) 'The acute effects of the non-nutritive sweeteners aspartame and acesulfame-K in UK diet cola on glycaemic response' International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition Publisher Site , DOI Open access
(2019) 'Objectively measured sleep duration and plasma glucose values following an oral glucose tolerance test amongst pregnant women with obesity in the UK' Sleep Medicine , DOI Open access
(2017) 'Nutrient-extraction blender preparation reduces postprandial glucose responses from fruit juice consumption' Nutrition and Diabetes 7, Publisher Site , DOI Open access
(2019) 'Mid-pregnancy changes in maternal upper body subcutaneous fat assessed using skinfold measurements and oral glucose tolerance test results amongst women with obesity in the UK' 26th European Congress on Obesity Karger Publishers Open Access 223-223 , DOI Open access
(2018) The Timing and Composition of Gestational Weight Gain and the Impact on Neonatal Anthropometry.