Dr John White
Associate Professor (Senior Lecturer)
Plymouth Business School (Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Business)
- Marketing communications
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire.
- PhD Corporate Strategy / Marketing
- BA (Hons) Marketing
- Diploma in Marketing Research
- Fellow of Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Member of American Marketing Association
- Certified Member of Market Research Society
- Member of Institute of Direct Marketing
- Member of D&AD (Design and Art Direction)
Roles on external bodies
Deputy Senior Examiner for the Chartered Institute of Marketing (2000 - 2010).
- Introduction to / fundamentals of marketing courses, contemporary issues in marketing, and marketing communications (incl. direct marketing and advertising).
- Recent professional / short course delivery has included a short course on Marketing for Libraries for the Chartered Institute of Librarians and Information Professionals (CILIP), as well as continued involvement in the delivery of the Chartered Institute of Marketing's Professional Diploma and Professional Postgraduate Diploma programmes.
Staff serving as external examiners
- External Examiner for Cass Business School - City University London (BSc Business Studies) 2008 - 2013
- External examiner for the University of Huddersfield (MSc Marketing and MSc Marketing Management) 2004 - 2008
Principal research interests consist of agri-food supply chains, and marketing activity in Eastern Europe. Brand building and management. Retro-branding. See below for recent publications.
Grants & contracts
- EU Framework 7 theme 2 (Food, Agriculture, Fisheries and Biotechnology) grant (2008-2011). Project title: FOCUS-BALKANS - Food consumer science in the Balkans: frameworks, protocols and networks for a better knowledge of food behaviours. Grant number: 212579. Grant value: 2.16 million euros.
- EU INTAS Research Grant (2005 - 2007): Supporting the International Development of the Commonwealth of Independent States Agricultural Sector , 98,480 Euros. INTAS2004-6928
- Food & Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (2005), Development of the European Agri-food Markets: Impact on Producers, Consumers and Perspectives, $5,000. EFT174706.
- World Bank Research Grant (2004): Vertical co-ordination in ECA agri-food chains as an engine of private sector development: Implications for Policy and Bank Bank Operations. $13, 500. EW-P084034-ESW-BB.
- EU INTAS Research grant (2000-2003): Supply Chain Management and Contractual Relationships in Transitional Food Industries, 60,000 Euros. INTAS99-00753.
Key publications are highlightedJournals
- FOCUS-BALKANS - Food Consumer Science in the Balkans http://www.focus-balkans.org
- INTAS Funded Research Project - Supporting the International Development of the CIS Agricultural Sector (SIDCISA) http://www.staff.ncl.ac.uk/matthew.gorton/cisproject.html
- INTAS funded research project - Agri-food Industry Restructuring in Ukraine and Moldova (AFIRUM) http://www.staff.ncl.ac.uk/matthew.gorton/afirum.html