Dr Elena Menendez-Alonso
Research Repository and Curation Manager
Library & Digital Support
I work in partnership with colleagues across the University, including the Library, IT services and the Research Office, to develop and deliver systems and services that support our research strategy. Together, we facilitate open access to research outputs and monitor compliance, producing data and reports which enable our researchers to demonstrate the value of their work, and meet funders' requirements.
I have functional responsibility for the management of the University's research information system (Symplectic Elements) and research repository (PEARL).
I am also responsible for the implementation of standards, policies, procedures and workflows for the curation, preservation, discovery and delivery of the University's research outputs, research data, theses, and other digital objects. In addition, my role involves advising and advocating best practise in the creation and management of digital collections across the institution.
I have a background in science and extensive experience working in information services in the HE sector.
- MSc Information Management (with distinction) - Robert Gordon University, UK
- PhD Chemistry - Department of Environmental Sciences, University of Plymouth, UK
- MPhil Analytical Chemistry - Departamento de Química Física y Analítica, Universidad de Oviedo, Spain
- BSc (Hons) Chemistry - Universidad de Oviedo, Spain
- communication and collaboration technologies
- data management
- digital collection management
- digital curation and preservation
- information architecture
- information management
- knowledge management
- people development
- research support services
- usability and accessibility
- web and user experience development
Member of the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals
Professional Member of BCS – The Chartered Institute of IT (MBCS)