- Room 220, Library (Plymouth), Drake Circus, Plymouth, Devon, PL4 8AA
Dr Elena Menendez-Alonso
Research Repository and Curation Manager
Library & Digital Support
My role is to provide professional knowledge and expertise, enabling the delivery and development of digital curation services that support the strategic direction of digital information management at Plymouth University. I have functional responsibility for the management of the University's digital collections administered by the Charles Seale-Hayne Library.
I am also responsible for the implementation of standards, policies, procedures and workflows for the curation, preservation, discovery and delivery of the University's research outputs, research data, theses, and other digital objects.
In addition, my role also involves advising and advocating best practise in the creation and management of digital records or digital collections across the institution.
I have a background in science and over ten years experience working in information services in the HE sector.
- MSc Information Management (with distinction) - Robert Gordon University, UK
- PhD Chemistry - Department of Environmental Sciences, University of Plymouth, UK
- MPhil Analytical Chemistry - Departamento de Química Física y Analítica, Universidad de Oviedo, Spain
- BSc (Hons) Chemistry - Universidad de Oviedo, Spain
- communication and collaboration technologies
- data management
- digital collection management
- digital curation and preservation
- information architecture
- information management
- knowledge management
- people development
- usability and accessibility
- web and user experience development
Member of the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals
Professional Member of BCS – The Chartered Institute of IT (MBCS)