We have 22 specialist laboratories which can be booked for use by both students and staff. Labs range from single and multiple participant networked PC rooms through to social interaction or group participation rooms with the scope to set up bespoke environments on request.
Specialist laboratories include:
- virtual reality laboratories with the latest HTC VIVE PRO headsets and state of the art PC hardware including full experimental development support by the in house Technical team
- facilities for brain imaging, electrophysiology, and psychophysiology
- a fully supported Eye Tracking laboratory
- green screen video or still image capture laboratory with full video editing hardware and software facilities
- social labs with table or soft seating and full video recording facilities or personal observation options
- computer laboratories, networked and capable of running custom developed experimental software
- Plymouth Baby Lab, our bespoke suite of lab space for language development, social cognition and social development research from infancy to school age
- hands-on learning in our psychology experiential learning lab. We embedded practical activities throughout the course, so you can put new knowledge into practice and build practical skills for future careers.