Plymouth Institute of Education direct entrant students

Here you will find all the information you need regarding registration with the University of Plymouth, useful links to our academic regulations and processes, transcript insert information and how to contact the professional services team at the University of Plymouth. 

All information on this webpage is intended for students who are studying at one of our partner colleges:

  • Cornwall College
  • Exeter College
  • Petroc College
  • South Devon College
  • Truro and Penwith College
  • Bridgwater and Taunton College
  • Devon Primary SCITT Hub
  • Peninsula SCITT Hub

Online enrolment (OLE)

Once you have been accepted on your course by the partner college we set up a student record for you at the University. You will then need to enrol with the University.

Either your college will contact you with details of how to log in and the information you will need, or you will be sent an email with hyperlinks to take you to the OLE part of the University website. OLE needs to be done for each year of study e.g. if you are studying part time or repeat a year.

Completing OLE enables you to check the information we have on record for you and make any changes. It sets your record from 'provisional' to 'live' on our student database. In your first year of study it also triggers the production of your University ID card and creates University computing and email accounts for you. This gives you access to our online resources and campus facilities. OLE is necessary to enable the University of Plymouth to record your marks and calculate your results.

You may wish to forward emails to your college email account so you do not have to monitor an additional email account. Because of data security considerations, any emails sent to you from the professional services team will be sent to your University of Plymouth student email address.

Please read through the guidance notes and frequently asked questions below before completing your registration with the University of Plymouth.


Please note:

As your contract is with your partner college, you are paying fees to that college so the fee information should be completed by putting a tick in the ‘No fees payable box’ and enter the reason type as ‘partner college’

Guidance notes and FAQs

PGCE – Transcript enclosures

When studying on a PGCE ITE programme, you can either exit with a postgraduate award (PGCE) or, if you do not achieve 60 credits at Level 7, you may exit with the Level 6 (honours level undergraduate study) of Professional Graduate Certificate in Education. There are lots of options open to you. See the flowchart and information to help you with your decision.

Contacting us

We look forward to helping you with any queries you may have. Each programme has a dedicated Programme Administrator who you may get to know during your studies; however, please direct all emails to our generic inbox so your query can be dealt with as quickly as possible.