Registration is available from:
- New students: Friday 18 August 2017
- Returning students: Monday 7 August 2017
- Returning students who successfully complete referred assessment: Wednesday 13 September 2017
- You will need to complete registration at the start of each academic year. As part of Registration you will be able to check the information we record about you and amend certain personal information such as your address.
- Registration closes on Friday 29 September 2017.
- Remember to tick the ‘no fees payable box’ and enter the reason type as ‘Partner College’ as no fee is due to Plymouth University.
If you need help or advice
The frequently asked questions (FAQs) section is a good starting point if you have problems with registration and should provide you with answers to the majority of your queries. If you find that, after checking the FAQs, you still cannot find an answer to your query then please send an email including your full name, student reference number and programme of study to
Faculty of Arts and Humanities – firstname.lastname@example.org
For Library and IT Enquiries contact:
International Students (Students from outside the EU or Students who have been assessed as overseas fee payers)
International Students with a query regarding having their passport and visa scanned prior to registration should contact the UKVI Compliance Team at their provider.
As a new student you are required to upload a photograph of yourself using the e@pplicant page.
The photo is required for your University card which will be issued to new students during welcome week. Failure to provide a photo will delay the production of your University card.
This is not required if you already have a University card i.e. because you were previously a student on another course.
Your University card will remain valid for the duration of your current studies at Plymouth University.
What you'll need to complete online enrolment
- Access to a computer with Microsoft Internet Explorer v8 (or above). We cannot guarantee compatibility with any other browser, but it has been tested with Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari browsers.
- New students – your University student reference number (your centre tutor will have this information for you)
- Returning students – successful completion of your current course year or you have been informed you can repeat your year of study.
If you do not meet any of the above requirements please refer to the section headed 'problems'.
Logging on – new students
New students and students who are transferring into a completely new course.
1. Log on to the applicant portal or enter the following website address into your browser – http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/applicants.
2. Enter your Plymouth University student reference number (your Centre tutor or administrator will have this information for you).
3. Enter your date of birth.
4. Enter your surname.
5. If you have successfully connected a menu page will be displayed.
6. Select the 'complete my on-line enrolment' to start.
Logging on – returning students
Access for continuing students is via the University student portal homepage. If you have any problems please check the accuracy of the data you are entering.
1. Log on to the student portal or enter the following address into your browser: https://student.plymouth.ac.uk.
2. Enter your computing account user name and password.
3. If your details are correct you will see your student portal homepage.
4. Select the online enrolment for returning students option.
5. Enter your computing account name and password again.
6. You will then see the e@dmin authentication page. Enter your date of birth and/or middle name if applicable. Click the proceed button to continue.
7. You will then see your e@dmin homepage.
8. Select the 'complete my on-line enrolment' to start.
Working through the screens
Once you have acknowledged the contents of the student handbook on the introduction page, you will see your online enrolment menu.
This page lists all of the sections you must visit in order to complete the process. As you complete each one the ‘status’ on the right hand side will change from ‘incomplete’ to ‘complete’. To get to any of the sections just click on the underlined title. You do not have to complete in any particular order, but it is set out in what we hope is a logical sequence.
- As you go through the sections you will need to check and confirm that what is shown is correct.
- If there are any blanks in ‘compulsory fields’ (marked with an ‘i’), you will need to enter the required information before you can complete the section.
- Click on the ‘?’ symbol next to a field for information particular to that field, or click on the ‘?’ above the form for help on an entire section.
- At the bottom of each section enter a tick in the confirmation box then click on ‘save’.
Payment of tuition fees (section six) – you will need to tick the 'no fees payable' box. In the ‘reason’ box type ‘Partner College’.
Computing account registration
If you are a new student you must create your computing account in section seven. Once you have completed this section make sure you record your username and password in a safe place as you will need these details to access the University computers and your computing account, student portal etc. Note: your password is case sensitive and you can change it once you have logged on to your account.
Returning students will be required to reset the password in section seven every year when you re-enrol.
Completion of enrolment
If you need to go back you can click on the ‘cancel’ button to cancel any changes and return to the list of sections, or click on the ‘undo’ button and start the section again.
Once you have entered all the required information for a section its status will change to ‘complete’.
Once you have completed all of the sections required (see the list of sections, which should all say ‘complete’) and are happy that all your enrolment information is correct you should click the ‘complete enrolment’ button.
Please note that once you have done this you can no longer change your enrolment information.
An email will automatically be sent to your computing account which will:
- confirm that you have completed online enrolment
- confirm the method of payment you selected for paying your tuition fees
- confirm whether the automated confirmation of your enrolment to the Student Loans Company was successful or not (home students only) – see separate sheet for information on Student Loan payments.
Problems – new students
If you are based somewhere other than the Plymouth Campus please contact your local administration team if you have any problems. If they are unable to resolve the issue please contact us via our enrolment specific email:
Problems – returning students
If you have forgotten your computing account password
You can reset your password by visiting http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/password. Please note that you will have to reset it again when you complete section seven of registration.
If you have not successfully completed your year
If you have been referred in any modules, or a decision on your progression has been deferred, you will be able to online enrol once the relevant referred award board confirms your progression to the next academic year. The registration facility will be available from Wednesday 13 September 2017 providing you have been allowed to continue.
Download your own copy of these guidance notes