Direct responsibility for implementing the Concordat across University of Plymouth is placed with the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Enterprise) and the Doctoral College.
Since July 2008 we have undertaken the following Concordat implementation activities:
- Sent the Concordat to research staff and line managers of research staff (including Principal Investigators):
Concordat Letter July 2008.
- Profiled the Concordat on institution’s internal and external web pages.
- Profiled and added links to the Organisational Development programme for staff and the Doctoral College’s skills development programme for Research Students.
- Embedded the Researcher Development Framework through the Doctoral College and Organisational Development programmes and through the Research Staff Forum.
- Established the Research Staff Forum to promote Concordat-related discussion and development.
- Administered Careers in Research Online Survey (CROS) 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2019. Delivered CROS results to Research Staff Forum.
- Hosted a leadership event for Principal Investigators in February 2011.
- Established the Early Career Researchers Forum including representation on the Research and Innovation Committee.
- Commenced discussion with Teaching and Learning Directorate on linking Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (PGCAP) development opportunities for Research Staff.
- Hosted a Concordat implementation visit from Universities UK in February 2011.
In early 2011 a working group at the University conducted an internal analysis of our Concordat related work. This analysis focussed our attentions on the Concordat principles and the European Charter for Researchers.
Our two-year internal report and Action Plan are available at the following links: