Direct responsibility for implementing the Concordat across Plymouth University is placed with the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research), Human Resources, the Graduate School, Research Support and Development and the Research and Innovation Committee.
Since July 2008 we have undertaken the following Concordat implementation activities:
- Sent the Concordat to research staff and line managers of research staff (including Principal Investigators):
Concordat Letter July 2008.
- Profiled the Concordat on institution’s internal and external web pages.
- Profiled and added links to the Organisational Development programme for staff and the Graduate School’s skills development programme for Research Students.
- Embedded the Researcher Development Framework through the Graduate School and Organisational Development programmes and through the Research Staff Forum.
- Established the Research Staff Forum to promote Concordat-related discussion and development.
- Administered Careers in Research Online Survey (CROS) 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2015. Delivered CROS results to Research Staff Forum.
- Hosted a leadership event for Principal Investigators in February 2011.
- Established the Early Career Researchers Forum including representation on the Research and Innovation Committee.
- Commenced discussion with Teaching and Learning Directorate on linking Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (PGCAP) development opportunities for Research Staff.
- Hosted a Concordat implementation visit from Universities UK in February 2011.
In early 2011 a working group at the University conducted an internal analysis of our Concordat related work. This analysis focussed our attentions on the Concordat principles and the European Charter for Researchers.
In March 2012 we established an HR Excellence in Research Steering Group to continue our work supporting the Concordat and our Researchers at Plymouth. In August 2013 the HR Excellence in Research Steering Group conducted our two yearly internal assessement for our Award.
Our two yearly internal report and Action Plan are available at the following links:
Our current four-yearly external report, Action Plan and case study are available at the following links:
- HR Excellence in Research_4 year external assessment September 2015
- HR Excellence in Research Action Plan 2015-2017
- HR Excellence in Research_4 year review case study September 2015