Direct responsibility for implementing the Concordat and HR Excellence in Research award across University of Plymouth is placed with the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Enterprise), the Doctoral College and Human Resources.
Our current annual Concordat Signatory report and Concordat for Researchers action plan, March 2022 are available at the following links:
We review our work with Researchers through the Concordat Working Group. We additionally consult with Researchers through the University Researcher Forum and Faculty ECR Forum meetings throughout the year. We very much welcome comments and ideas for development and support for our Researchers and any updates can be emailed to email@example.com.
Our current 10-year internal report, updated action plan 2019–2021, and current action plan 2021–2023 are available at the following links:
- HR Excellence in Research 10-year internal assessment September 2021
- HR Excellence in Research Action plan 2019–2021 updates
- HR Excellence in Research Action plan 2021–2023
On 24 September 2021, our HR Excellence in Research award was renewed through an internal (UK) process.
- HR Excellence in Research 8 year external assessment September 2019
- HR Excellence in Research Action plan 2017–2019 updates
- HR Excellence in Research Action plan 2019–2021
- HR Excellence in Research 8 year review case study September 2019
On 20 September 2019, our HR Excellence in Research award was renewed through an external (UK/EU) process.
Our two-year internal report and Action Plan are available at the following links:
In early 2011 a working group at the University conducted an internal analysis of our Concordat related work. This analysis focussed our attentions on the Concordat principles and the European Charter for Researchers.
Since July 2008 we have undertaken the following Concordat implementation activities:
- Sent the Concordat to research staff and line managers of research staff (including Principal Investigators):
Concordat Letter July 2008.
- Profiled the Concordat on institution’s internal and external web pages.
- Profiled and added links to the Organisational Development programme for staff and the Doctoral College’s skills development programme for Research Students.
- Embedded the Researcher Development Framework through the Doctoral College and Organisational Development programmes and through the Research Staff Forum.
- Established the Research Staff Forum to promote Concordat-related discussion and development.
- Administered Careers in Research Online Survey (CROS) 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2019. Delivered CROS results to Research Staff Forum.
- Hosted a leadership event for Principal Investigators in February 2011.
- Established the Early Career Researchers Forum including representation on the Research and Innovation Committee.
- Commenced discussion with Teaching and Learning Directorate on linking Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (PGCAP) development opportunities for Research Staff.
- Hosted a Concordat implementation visit from Universities UK in February 2011.