- VIA University College, Denmark
- Universidade da Coruna, Spain
- Early Childhood Ireland, Ireland
- University of Trieste, Italy
- Coopselios, Italy
- University of Osijek, Croatia
- Camborne and Truro Nursery Schools, UK
Following a literature review, observations of practice and survey of training needs, three online courses have been developed by early childhood academics and professionals to support educators in reflecting on their child-centred practice.
The courses can be accessed by visiting https://open.plymouth.ac.uk/ and registering for an account.
Participants should then search for ‘child-centred’.
Three courses will be listed:
- Doing child-centredness from an embodied perspective
- Child-centred documentation for quality early childhood education and care
- The power of stories for child-centred practice in early childhood education and care.
All courses are free to access and offer a range of learning materials to engage with. Participants are asked to complete a short evaluation about the courses after which a certificate of participation can be provided. We recommend completing the courses with colleagues in order to share and reflect on the content.
Professor Verity Campbell Barrand Dr Jan Georgeson, Plymouth Institute of Education, UK (joint Principal Investigators)
- Katarina Rengel and Adrijana Visnjic Jevtic, Osijek University, Croatia
- Lillian Buus and Michal Pilgaard VIA, Denmark
- Rita Melia, Early Childhood Ireland, Ireland
- Paolo Sorzio, Trieste University, Italy
- Federica Marani and Riccardo Lelli, Coopselios, Italy
- Concepción Sanchez-Blanco and Cathryn Teasley, University of Coruña, Spain
- Helen Adams and Emma Short, Truro and Camborne Nursery Schools, UK