Oscillating between trauma, memory and healing, this event presented alternative and participatory practices to construct new forms for a Post Recovery Space. We aimed for new paradigms by linking research in practice to imagination of post-trauma spaces, and by addressing conflict, trauma and displacement through re-examining space, place, locality and community creatively and beyond socio-political concerns.
Through a series of talks from creative researchers and practitioners in the design, film, and development, we speculated and negotiated on how urban space, design thinking, creative and inclusive mental practices as much as filmic participation, contribute to strengthening the physical and mental wellbeing of people recovering from conflict. We focused on thinking recovery, trauma and healing through the therapeutic dimension of creative practice by expanding - not replacing - the theoretical research on displacement, the organisational expertise and support on the ground in zones of conflict.
- 13:00-13:40 - Coffee and Registration (in Room 601) - compassionate Plymouth and IofC with Architecture BA and M.Arch work and Andy Humphreys, Dr Mathew Emmett and Zoe Latham
- 13:45-14:00 - Welcome with Dr Sana Murrani
- 14:00-14:30 - Jenny Donovan
- 14:30-15:00 - Martin Bjerregaard
- 15:00-15:20 - Break
- 15:20-15:40 - Dr Helen Lloyd and Debra Westlake
- 15:40-16:00 - Jenny Stamboliev
- 16:00-16:20 - Dr Mathew Emmett
- 16:20-16:40 - Carey Marks
- 16:40-17:00 - Dr Sana Murrani
- 17:00-17:20 - Wrap up
Please contact email@example.com for further information.