We have embedded Warp It into our Waste Policy and Action Plan and Procurement Strategy. This supports our transition to a circular economy with a focus on preventing waste generation in the first place or buying new.
Reuse is at the top of the waste hierarchy so preventing items with potential for second life going into the waste stream is our priority. As well as reducing waste, this also removes the requirement to purchase brand new furniture and other items.
As a recognised leader in sustainability, we’re constantly looking for ways to enhance the way we manage our environmental impact, and reuse is proving to be a smart way achieve this. The Warp It system is simple to use and has proven to be a fantastic tool to reduce waste.
User engagement has been brilliant with over 400 members of staff – around 16% of the workforce – already swapping or donating items. This is a huge support to helping us reach our net zero, waste reduction, circularity, and general sustainability goals.
- £14.5million project creates a new home for the Plymouth Business School 26 January 2024
- Sustainable heating system advances University’s decarbonisation drive 25 January 2024
- Reuse saves £60,000 in just one year 9 January 2024
- Concessionary bus travel has fallen by a third following COVID-19 pandemic 20 December 2023
- University launches Sustainability Solutions to secure a greener, cleaner future 15 December 2023