Welcome to Plymouth Electron Microscopy Centre (PEMC), which offers expert and specialist support to students, researchers, academics and industry.
We have a comprehensive range of light microscopes, electron microscopes, imaging processing and analysis software providing support to a range of disciplines within the University, external research organisations and industry clients.
Our equipment is integrated with sophisticated software for image analysis, image processing and x-ray characterisation of materials, with facilities for rapid report generation.
Plymouth Materials Characterisation Network is now live! Funded by ERDF, the network allows businesses of all sizes access our wide range of facilities, including SEM, VP-SEM, Cryo-SEM, TEM & FIB-SEM. We invite industrial partners, old and new, to discover what Electron Microscopy could do for your business, and offer fully-funded or discounted support to businesses across the UK for the first time.
Join us for our virtual Plymouth Materials Characterisation Network launch event on 24 August 2021 – more information and registration.
Our Industrial Solutions and Imaging Matters events series will relaunch shortly. Check back soon for news of our exciting 2021 programme!
If you would like to discuss how electron microscopy could support your study, research or business please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM)
- Focused Ion Beam-Scanning Electron Microscopy (FIB-SEM)
- Low-vacuum SEM (VP-SEM)
- Electron BackScatter Diffraction (EBSD)
- Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy (EDS)
- Wavelength Dispersive Spectroscopy (WDS)
- Tomography (3D acquisition and reconstruction)
- Cathodoluminescence imaging (CL)
- Automated Mineralogy
- Sample preparation for S/TEM, including resin-embedding, polished blocks, thin sections
- Specimen coating, including gold, chrome, carbon, gold-palladium