Welcome to Plymouth Electron Microscopy Centre (PEMC), which offers expert and specialist support to students, researchers, academics and industry.
We have a comprehensive range of light microscopes, electron microscopes, imaging processing and analysis software providing support to a range of disciplines within the University, external research organisations and industry clients.
Our equipment is integrated with sophisticated software for image analysis, image processing and x-ray characterisation of materials, with facilities for rapid report generation.
PEMC is now back open for business - to University staff & students as well as external partners - after a brief hiatus owing to the ongoing COVID-19 situation. We are running at a reduced capacity and with social distancing in place, but we are still able to support research projects or commercial work. Please get in touch with any queries.
Plymouth Materials Characterisation Project has been extended until the end of 2020 - funded by ERDF, we have invested in a new FIB-SEM which brings 3D capability to PEMC. We invite industrial partners, old and new, to discover what Electron Microscopy could do for your business.
Our Industrial Solutions events have now wrapped up for the year. Check back soon for news of our exciting 2021 programme!
If you would like to discuss how electron microscopy could support your study, research or business please contact us on email@example.com.
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM)
- Focused Ion Beam-Scanning Electron Microscopy (FIB-SEM)
- Low-vacuum SEM
- Electron BackScatter Diffraction (EBSD)
- Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy (EDS)
- Wavelength Dispersive Spectroscopy (WDS)
- Tomography (3D acquisition and reconstruction)
- Cathodoluminescence imaging (CL)
- Automated Mineralogy
- Sample preparation for S/TEM, including resin-embedding, polished blocks, thin sections
- Specimen coating, including gold, chrome, carbon, gold-palladium