Welcome to Plymouth Electron Microscopy Centre (PEMC), which offers expert and specialist support to students, researchers, academics and industry.
We have a comprehensive range of light microscopes, electron microscopes, imaging processing and analysis software providing support to a range of disciplines within the University, external research organisations and industry clients.
Our equipment is integrated with sophisticated software for image analysis, image processing and x-ray characterisation of materials, with facilities for rapid report generation.
The PEMC Industrial Solutions Events are back and will be running throughout 2019 and 2020.
We invite industrial partners, old and new, to discover what Electron Microscopy could do for your business.
Our Industrial Solutions events will take place on the main University campus and are supported by Innovate UK, UKRI, ZEISS, the University's own Research and Innovation team and funded by ERDF.
Plymouth Materials Characterisation Project - funded by ERDF, we have invested in a new FIB-SEM which brings 3D capability to PEMC.
It also gives us the opportunity to work with over 40 Devon SMEs for free, to investigate materials and components at the nano scale.
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM)
- Focused Ion Beam-Scanning Electron Microscopy (FIB-SEM)
- Low-vacuum SEM (charging compensation)
- Cryo-SEM (low-temperature)
- Electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD)
- Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectroscopy (EDS)
- Tomography (3D acquisition and reconstruction)
- Cathodoluminescence imaging (CL)
- Thin section preparation for S/TEM.