…an international student holding an unconditional offer for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in the Faculty of Health and available from 1 - 19 August 2022?
...interested in learning about the UK’s National Health Service and keen to develop your cultural competence?
If yes...then you may be interested in a new, free 3-week course this summer.
About the course
- an introduction to the culture and structure of the NHS
- NHS values and focus on patient-centred care
- the role of evidence-based and reflective practice in the UK context
- what it means to be ‘culturally competent’ in an NHS setting.
How will this course benefit me?
- enhance their ‘cultural fluency’ in the healthcare context
- establish networks with students from diverse programmes offered by the Faculty of Health which can be enjoyed through the entirety of the student journey
- develop resilience through familiarisation with some of the challenges faced by international students specifically in NHS settings.