… an international student holding an unconditional offer for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in the Faculty of Health and available from 8–19 August 2022?
... interested in learning about the UK’s National Health Service and keen to develop your cultural competence?
If yes, then you may be interested in a new, free two-week online course this summer.
About the course
- an introduction to the culture and structure of the NHS
- NHS values and focus on patient-centred care
- the role of evidence-based and reflective practice in the UK context
- what it means to be ‘culturally competent’ in an NHS setting.
How will this course benefit me?
- enhance their ‘cultural fluency’ in the healthcare context
- establish networks with students from diverse programmes offered by the Faculty of Health which can be enjoyed through the entirety of the student journey
- develop resilience through familiarisation with some of the challenges faced by international students specifically in NHS settings.