Campaigning for local businesses
1. Who are you? And what is your passion?
My name is Sumalka Mendis and I am from Sri Lanka. I encourage small domestic businesses to go global. I have always found myself engaged in consulting start-ups and small domestic businesses ever since I started studying in the field of business.
I love opting out from brands to off-brand items, only because I believe small businesses of today can become the big brands of tomorrow with a little bit of a push.
My greatest passion in life is supporting local businesses.
2. How does Plymouth lead the way for studying business?
The best thing about studying in Plymouth is all the great support available.
3. What is a fear you’d like to conquer?
I like to live life on the edge, take risks and put myself in really stressful situations. Most of the things I do are fears that I want myself to overcome.
4. How do you respond when faced with a problem?
5. What do you know of that you believe could really change our world for the better?
6. What do you want the world to look like in 10 years?Green with a lot of genuine smiles.
7. If you had the chance to share one message to the whole world, what would it be?
Be kind, be grateful, respect all and fear none.
Inspired by this story?
For more information about studying business management please visit our PhD Business with Management. For more information about our range of courses within the Plymouth Business School please visit the school page.
Want to find similar alumni?
If you would like to find out what other relevant alumni are currently doing, please visit the business, law, logistics and management interest area.