There may be an opportunity to transfer and study with us. You may have changed your mind about where you are studying. Or, your personal circumstances may have affected your ability to continue with your studies elsewhere.
Transferring from another university is a big decision but we are here to help you through the process.

Things you need to know

We’re here if you change your mind
It isn’t uncommon to experience a change of heart about where to study.
No matter how late it might feel, you can ask us about course entry requirements and we can talk about your options. Studying with us might be easier than you think.

Understand the financial implications of transferring
There may be implications on your funding when there are changes to your study. Further information is available from Student Finance England (GOV.UK).

University regulations
More information about transfers to the University from external institutions are set out in section SRE2 of the Academic Regulations document.

How to transfer

Apply to through UCAS to transfer to one of our undergraduate courses:

  • indicate your desired point of entry in the 'choices' section of your UCAS application

  • get one of your current tutors to provide the reference on your application

  • and list details of all the modules you have studied as well as your school-leaving qualifications.

Contact Admissions to find out whether you can transfer to a postgraduate programme.

Grades and credits earned elsewhere

In some cases, we are able to consider transfer students if you have completed part of your university studies elsewhere.
However, should you choose to transfer to the University of Plymouth, module grades or credits from your previous study may not be included in the calculation of your degree classification awarded by the University of Plymouth.
Due to professional accreditation requirements, there may be restrictions on transfers to certain degree programmes at the University of Plymouth.
More information about how we recognise prior learning can be found in our Academic Regulations.

Transferring from a partner institution

Check with your partner institution if you are studying a University of Plymouth award at one of our partner institutions and you want to transfer.

Additional considerations for international students

You should think about the impact transferring to another institution will have on your Student visa.
Any change to your study will affect your visa.
Find advice from one of our International Student Advisors or a similar service at your current institution.