University-managed accommodation for postgraduate students is located in Robbins, Radnor, Pilgrim and Gilwell halls of residence. Situated in the student village directly opposite the main university campus. These halls are located only a few minutes walk from Plymouth city centre, the Students’ Union, library, campus cafes and lecture theatres.
What room types are available to me?
Postgraduates are able to book either an en suite, standard or interior rooms. For further information, please visit the individual hall pages directly.
International and exchange students
International student accommodation
You can only apply for accommodation if you are holding a CF (conditional) or UF (unconditional) academic offer with the University of Plymouth.
International students are advised that it is not a requirement of a visa application to have pre-booked accommodation, only that you can afford the usual living costs for housing within our geographical area.
Exchange student accommodation
Whether you are joining us on exchange for a full academic year or for one term, you can book your room in our halls of residence via the accommodation portal.
We recommend that international and exchange students join our university-managed halls community for the following reasons:
- If you’re in University-managed accommodation you’ll benefit from fully-inclusive bills.
- You will have a hall team to support your experience of living in a new country.
- You can be part of our Residence Life community with an active social programme to help you meet new people and explore new places.
Students with disabilities and medical conditions
We have a number of rooms which already have basic additional facilities installed and may be helpful for applicants with particular requirements.Learn more about what we can offer
If you’re a care leaver we guarantee suitable, non-funded University accommodation to you for 365 days of the year, and for each year of your studies, if required. This includes access to our hall teams and Residence Life social programme during term time. All you need to do is tell us that you’re a care leaver when you apply for accommodation and we will liaise with the University’s Care Leavers’ Service.
If you require year-round accommodation, your contract can be extended. You don’t need to pick a more expensive room with a long contract, we can extend your existing contract to, for instance, cover the summer break (but this may not be in the same room or hall as you are in for the rest of the year). If you have any questions about this, please contact us.
Partner college students
If you are transferring from one of our partner colleges and would like to live in halls of residence please apply via the accommodation portal.
Students with families
All University accommodation is for single occupancy. If you intend to bring your family, you are advised to look at private rented accommodation in the city, for example with local letting agencies or through private landlords advertising in newspapers or on websites.
In line with our philosophy of providing a supportive environment, the University of Plymouth is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all of our students, including our under-18 students.
- Student Accommodation Services will ensure where possible that you are housed with other students of a similar age.
- The hall team will hold regular events to help you integrate into the residential community.
- agree that Student Accommodation Services and the University cannot assume parental responsibility for the under-18 resident
- advise your son/daughter that they may not enter licensed premises while they are under the age of 18
- advise your son/daughter that they may not hold office while they are under the age of 18
- guarantee to honour the accommodation contract for your son/daughter
Whilst Student Accommodation Services will make every effort to provide the best possible living environment for you, it is ultimately the responsibility of you and your parent(s)/guardian(s) to assess whether the accommodation on offer is suitable to your needs and whether its terms of occupancy are reasonable. We strongly recommend and will normally facilitate students under the age of 18 to book en suite and single sex accommodation.