Professor Victoria Allgar
Professor of Medical Statistics and Director of PenCTU
Peninsula Medical School (Faculty of Health)
I am a medical statistician and my work focuses on bringing together the knowledge of a range of experts from different specialisations to help identify and answer key research questions through the design and conduct new studies. I have significant experience of leading contributions to the planning and design, conduct, statistical analysis and reporting of clinical trials, and other study designs.
• BSc(hons) in Statistics 2(i), University of Newcastle upon Tyne
• PhD, University of Newcastle upon Tyne
• Royal Statistical Society – Fellow / Chartered Statistician (1999-date)
• Science Council (2012) – Chartered Scientist (2012-2020)
• Senior Fellowship of HEA (SFHEA) (2020)
• Professor of Medical Statistics and Director of PenCTU, University of Plymouth (2021-date)
• Professor of Medical Statistics, Hull York Medical School/Department of Health Sciences, University of York (July 2020-Dec 2020)
• Reader in Medical Statistics (80%fte), Hull York Medical School/Department of Health Sciences, University of York (2017-2020)
• Senior Lecturer in Medical Statistics (80%fte), Hull York Medical School/Department of Health Sciences, University of York (2006-2017)
• Director of Yorkshire Primary Care Research Network (YReN) , Centre for Research in Primary Care, University of Leeds (2005 – 2006)
• Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Research in Primary Care, University of Leeds (2001-2006).
• Research Fellow, Centre for Research in Primary Care, University of Leeds (2000-2001).
• Medical Statistician, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Leeds (1997-2000).
• Research Associate, Department of Primary Health Care, University of Newcastle (1995-1997).
• Lecturer, Faculty of Health, Education and Social Work, Northumbria University (1995-1996).
Chartered Statistician (Royal Statistical Society)
HEA Senior Fellow (SFHEA).
Roles on external bodies
Associate Editor for Trials (April 2019-date)
Statistical Editor of Health & Social Care in the Community (2016-date)
Grant Review Panel for the Multiple Sclerosis Society (2015-date)
Health Services Research Initiative Panel for Arthritis UK (2016-date)
Cochrane Member (2019-date)
Numerous Trial Steering Committees (TSCs) and Data Monitoring Committees (DMCs)
Key publications are highlightedJournals