Mr Thomas Stamp
Post Doctoral Research Associate
School of Biological and Marine Sciences (Faculty of Science and Engineering)
Postdoctoral research associate - acoustic telemetry
Marine EcoSol - Marine Consultant & North Wales Seasearch Coordinator - July 2012-March 2015
- I worked on and led a number of varied commercial projects for both private and public clients. My duties were primarily; Planning and conducting ecological surveys, data entry, data analysis and report writing. Project themes included; Scientific diving, statutory monitoring of natura 2000 sites, sub-tidal impact assessment, sub-tidal mitigation, deep sea/bathyl exploratory surveys, fisheries survey.
The Marine Biological Assocation of the UK - Research Assistant - March 2015-January 2016
- Working as research assistant under the MarLIN project, I wrote literature reviews which assessed the sensitivity of UK sub-tidal reef biotopes/habitats to a variety of anthropogenic pressures (see http://library-intra.nmbl.org/habitats/az). The project was funded by the UK statutory nature conservation bodies (e.g. natural england), the project outputs will contribute to the management advice for UK Marine Protected Areas (e.g. special areas of conservation).
Bangor University, School of Ocean Sciences
- 2008-2010: B.Sc (Hons) Marine Biology - 2.1
- 2011-2012: M.Sc Marine Biology - Pass with Merit
- 2016-Present: Ph.D The ecology and distribution of sea bass within the south west UK
Marine Biological Assocation