Ms Terri Rees
- Associate Lecturer
- Educational researcher
- Associate Lecturer with the Open University (H812, PgCert Academic Practice and H800 Technology-enhanced learning: practices and debates)
- College of St. Mark and St. John, Plymouth, BA(Hons)
- University of Plymouth, M.Sc. Social Research Methods
- University of Plymouth, Pg.Cert. Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
- University of Plymouth, PgDip (Ed)
- Also currently employed as an Associate Lecturer for the Open University on the Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (H812) and Technology-enhanced learning: practices and debates (H800)
- Currently Trustee/Director of the Community Council of Devon
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Roles on external bodies
Past Trustee of the Community Council of Devon; Reviewer for LATTISS, ESCALATE and Studies in Higher Education; Previously grants panelist and organising committee member for ELESIG.
Assessment, particularly self, peer and group assessment; online and distance teaching and learning; developing pedagogic practice; technology enhanced learning; equality and diversity; epistemology and qualitative research methods.
Developing professional practice; enhancing teaching and learning; equality/diversity issues; epistemology and qualitative research; currently assisting research with the faculty of education; assessment, particularly self, peer and group assessment; peer and self directed learning; rural schooling and community; online learning and international students.
Action research: improving online participation in professional development courses; retention and progression.
Member of Research in Higher Education Network (RHEN); accrediting life learning; assessing teaching quality.
Other academic activities
Development and delivery of postgraduate skills courses:
- Time Management;
- Negotiation Skills;
- Giving and Receiving Feedback;
- Delivering Presentations
Am open to requests to conduct pedagogic and other educational or social research.