Dr Stephen Childe
Associate Professor in Business Management & Operations
Plymouth Business School (Faculty of Business)
Dr Stephen Childe is an Associate Professor in Operations Management at Plymouth Business School, Plymouth,UK. He is a Senior Fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy. He is a Chartered Engineer and Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology and a member of IFIP Working Group 5.7 "Advances in Production Management Systems". He was formerly a Vice-Chairman of the UK Institution of Operations Management and is the Editor of the international journal "Production Planning & Control: The Management of Operations" which addresses operations management in all sectors,especially focussing on research that addresses or identifies problems experienced in industry.
Brief details of selected publications (Co-authors and other details availablefrom author)
Journal of Cleaner Production
- Therole of Big Data in explaining disaster resilience in supply chains forsustainability, 2017, Vol. 142, Part 2, 1108-1118
- SustainableSupply Chain Management: Theory, Framework and Further Research Directions,2017, Vol. 142, Part 2, 1119-1130.
- Explainingthe Impact of Reconfigurable Manufacturing Systems on EnvironmentalPerformance: the role of top management and organizational culture, 2018, Vol.141,56-66
- Examiningthe role of Big Data & Predictive Analytics on Collaborative Performance incontext of Sustainable Consumption and Production Behaviour, Accepted
International Journal ofOperations and Production Management
- Supplychain agility, adaptability and alignment: empirical evidence from the Indianauto components industry, 2018. Vol. 38, 1, 129-148
- PredictingPerformance - A Dynamic Capability View, Accepted
International Journal ofProduction Economics
- How to improve firm performance using big dataanalytics capability? 2016, Vol.186, 113-131
- Examining the effect of Institutional Pressuresand Organizational Culture on shaping Performance Measurement Systems (PMS) forSustainability Benchmarking: Some Empirical Findings, 2017, Vol.193, 63-76
- Big Data Analytics and Firm Performance: Effectsof Dynamic Capabilities, 2017, 70, 356-365.
- Big data and predictive analytics for supplychain and organizational performance, 2017, 70, 308-317.
Renewable & SustainableEnergy Reviews
- Sustainable Production Framework for CementManufacturing Firms: a Behavioural Perspective. 2017, Vol.78, 495-502
Technological Forecasting andSocial Change
- Can Big Data and Predictive Analytics improvesocial and environmental sustainability? Accepted.
- Social sustainability in the supply chain:Construct development and measurement validation, 2016, Vol.71, 270-279
Resources, Conservation andRecycling
- Towards a Theory of Sustainable Consumption andProduction: Constructs and Measurement, 2016, Vol.106, 78-89
International Journal ofProduction Research
- Examining Top Management Commitment to TQMDiffusion using Institutional and Upper Echelon Theories. 2017, Volume 56, No.8,2988-3006
- Modelling quality dynamics on business value andfirm performance in big data analytics environment, 2016, Vol.55 No.17, 5011-5026
Key publications are highlightedJournals