Ms Sophie Westwood
Social Prescribing Research Assistant
Peninsula Medical School (Faculty of Health)
As a research assistant and consultant I have worked on a number of projects ultimately concerned with reducing health inequalities, which often includes reducing environmental inequalities at the same time. I have experience working for an environmental non-governmental organisation abroad and as a primary school teacher and childminder in the UK. I bring knowledge of the third sector, mixed methods research and education, with a particular interest in children and young people as a demographic cohort, to my work.
- MSc Anthropology and Ecology of Development - 2004
- PGCE Early Years Teaching Qualification - 2006
- BA (Hons) Social Anthropology with Devleopment Studies - 2003
- reducing inequalities
- peripheral communities
- social prescribing
- complex systems
- participatory methods
- children and young people as a cohort
- pedagogy as a public health issue
- access to quality greenspaces
Grants & contracts
- Shortlisted for SWDTP ESRC 1+3 studentship - 2020
Whalley, S., Aitken, P. and Lee, W. (2020) Report of the 5th Survey of Liaison Psychiatry in England (LPSE-5). NHS England.
Whalley, S., Aitken, P. and Lee, W. (2019) Report of the 4th Survey of Liaison Psychiatry in England (LPSE-4). NHS England.
Whalley, S. & Whalley, B. (2019) Evaluating the Active Neighbourhoods Project (Site Survey Analysis), Pymouth City Council.